19 December 2015

I am back and have a new way forward for this blog..

I have been silent for a very long time, in truth out of choice as much as any other reason. However this has provided me with time to reflect on the important things in life more fully. Smaller things like this blog have needed some contemplation as to the future viability of maintaining it. It has been a hectic and often turbulent few months but thankfully stability has returned. I had considered deleting the blog but then it occurred to me that this would be a selfish act and from the comments I have received many people still actively read the blog and use parts of it for their own purposes. Which gave me a firm realisation that some of my work here had been appreciated even if only in a small way.

Therefore I reflected on what would be best going forward for the Greathall. After all most of my recent work can be seen in the other blog I contribute to with greater regularity Brigantes Studio, where you will find the collaborative works of Kev at the Cabin and Myself. So if you want to see what I am up to more regularly then please add that to your subscription list.

Now I don't have the time to devote as much attention to this blog as I have in the past, nor would I want too. If I did so, it would invariably mean the same material would be spread across two blogs instead.

My conclusion is that I can use this blog in a new way, hopefully one that will help people by sharing my experience and knowledge more. The posts wont be as regular but, they should have better content and provide inspiration or guidance to others when they land. So to kick it all off in a new purely hobby focused direction I have made my first You tube video, so please watch, enjoy the shaky hand control as I club fistedly use a video camera, oh and don't be too harsh about the cricket that seems to be making a lot of noise. Being technically inept I will work it out eventually through error and trial...

Well that's me for now folks



27 comments:

  1. Good to see you back and great vid mate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back Loki! Really looking forward to what you'll come up with in the future! The video is definitely a very nice idea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see you back again. Will follow your excursions on Youtube closely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to see a familiar face around again, thanks for bearing with me while I took a break

      Delete
  4. It goes without saying that I will support whatever decision you make, but I am thrilled to hear that there will still be a light burning in the Great Hall. You have been so supportive of my hobby progress that I just lend my support in anyway I can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here, here sir! A most noble sentiment and one I share wholeheartedly.

      Delete
    2. I thank you both, the comments are greatly appreciated

      Delete
  5. No problem with any direction Andrew, welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to see you back. I always follow what you're up to and writing about with great interest. Salute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to see you still posting. I often wondered how people manage several blogs as I struggle sometimes with just the one!

    Great video dude and look forward to seeing/reading more :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a few more ideas in the old noddle at the mo that should make for a good watch. As to the juggling different blogs well the other is for figures that go to various clients so, this one will be purely about things I play or paint for myself and maybe the odd tutorial etc.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you, I felt the time was right to re surface ;)

      Delete
  9. Welcome back! Good to hear from you again. Will follow your other blog now as I was not aware of it before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its good to be back my friend, and thank you

      Delete
  10. Great to have you back Loki!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rodger its good to see all the familiar names :)

      Delete

Please leave your comments they are appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...