4 February 2015

Murawski Miniatures Polish Napoleonic Officers

Just a small post today, I was asked by a fellow blogger if I would paint some napoleonic figures in exchange for some reference material. Like I am ever going to say no to more books! So a deal was done and I waited expectantly for a package from Murawski Miniatures to arrive for me to paint up as my side of the deal.


They are lovely figures, however I was rather disappointed with the horse on the left of the pictures, in the bottom image you can see a nice horse blanket with sculpted tassel and inner border, both features sadly lacking on the other side of the horse so I had to try and replicate via paint. However they paint very well and two new generals soon appeared.



Next came two rather splendid ADC's rather splendid sculpts and plenty of character.


Last up is an officer in heavy winter wear charging, again plenty of character in this figure. They are all unbased as the customer is going to do this to match his existing basing scheme.

Well thats another post over folks, thanks for stopping by

27 comments:

  1. Top notch paintwork Loki! Shame about the casting though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rodger, they are superb in every aspect save that one detail

      Delete
  2. Very nice I especially like the colouring on the horse missing the tassel.

    John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first time I have tried that particular colour and was rather pleased with the finish

      Delete
  3. Superb paint job again! Too bad about the missing details, but your paintwork definately made up for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great poses and fantastic paint job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Supreme work Loki - whichever blogger it is that these are for is a lucky chap :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are bloody lovely,

    see you tomorrow, I hear we are flocking round to Kev's tomorrow night :-)

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ian, and yes there will be a gathering of three rather portly flockers

      Delete
  7. Really splendid work Loki! Tell me if you need any books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Edwin, one always needs books you really cant have enough of those.

      Delete
  8. Terrific stuff, Andrew! I really like the action in the charging officer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes lots of character in all of the figures, that one though does stand out as being very well done

      Delete
  9. Very nice job there Andrew. Good to see a range with a decent representation of field officers and staff figures. Good sculpts goodly painted.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the picture and the backing, you've used.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some fantastic painting ol' boy! Love the last figure, in winter dress!

    ReplyDelete
  12. They look awesome :) Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice brushwork indeed mate. A shame about the casts, that kind of thing really frustrates me as it is just attention to detail. Am I the only one who thinks the dun in the 3rd and 4th photo has had a b00b job? It's chest sticks out a country mile!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great looking Poles - particularly like the lancers. Bummer about the casting though.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, those are nice miniatures; very well painted BTW. Some day I'll get my Polish Corps painted...

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are great. I do love the horses's coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow ... truly great painting. Nicely done! :)
    And I agree totally ... one can never say no to more books. XD

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments they are appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...