16 February 2015

English Civil War - Officers and Pikemen

Recently a valued client asked me to paint a few English Civil War figures for him, I will say the gentlemen in question is also some what of an expert in that particular period of Military and social history, having written several publications and the Black Powder Pike and shotte supplement to mention a few.

So first up are 4 officers all the figures are from the Bicorne range.



Now the excellent thing with this customer is the fact that he provides a full breakdown of the colours he wants on certain areas of clothing, which is great for me as I can quickly establish a set of colours to use for each part of a figure.


The final part of this half of the commission was to paint an eight man pike block in various jackets of off white and grey, now as usual the camera has decided to be an absolute basket case in my hands once again but hey it gives you an idea right ?

Hopefully I will be able to feature these fully based on the Brigantes blog in due course once the new owner has based them and takes a few proper pictures. In the meantime I am off to read his latest tome which I will give an unbiased review on in due course here.





22 comments:

  1. The expressions on their faces! You really shade and highlight such detail, and it's remarkable.

    Do you have a small stage to set the figures on, and a small tripod thing to assist still shots?
    I hate when I can't get the camera to do what I need. Have a great week, Loki!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola
    Que buenas si señor
    El tamborilero me encanta
    un saludo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice work. Quite a colourful bunch!

    Whites and light greys can be a real pain in the arse to paint. I've found black or very dark background helps quite a lot though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice as always. ECW is not a period I'm really into, but I was just looking at some Empress figures and was tempted to get some of their sergeants as they looked cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! Nice figures for an excellent period

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to the ECW bud.
    Beautiful job

    ReplyDelete
  7. I say Sir, they are rather splendid - another page I need to bookmark for future reference.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are great, bit on the large size of course, pins are much better

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  9. Splendid stuff Sir - smashing indeed.
    I didn't quite get my own ECW models' faces like that - I blame the 6mm scale for my ineptitude... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice work mate. They all look excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are the Man with a Paint Brush of the day!! Excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant figures and brilliant painting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really nice work. It might be the blue that the camera is reacting to. I painted blue markings on a tank once and they ended up glowing when seen on a screen.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely work. The gentleman in the blue pantaloons looks decidedly French to me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great work on these dudes Andrew!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the Bicorne (and Renegade) figures by Nick Collier and you have really done them justice here. Quite superb!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely painting ... very nice indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  18. WoW! Amazing brushwork...thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments they are appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...