26 January 2015

Aiming for an easier life...

Since I began writing the blog life has changed a lot through it. The road has been somewhat lumpy though I have made and met a great many new friends which is a really positive thing. The downside is my continued poor health, I wont be dwelling on that though. So whats a man to do to balance everything out well its going to start here, the blog is going back to its original intention and purpose. It will be used to document my workbench and the progress on various projects in the months and years ahead.

There will still be reviews or sneak previews of products, but they will not be as prevalent as before. I have a full paint desk for many months ahead and I need to focus properly on work for Brigantes Studio as that is my source of income. She who must be obeyed along with the head doctor have clearly stated I need down time, and to lighten my schedule in order to properly gain focus. So somethings have to give, the blog is one of the victims of this as it does become a huge time swallower when you are posting 4 to 5 times a week as I have in the past. I have reorganised all my schedules and am happy with what I have cut out and what I have left in to get time to sort things.

I have not blogged very much of late as I really did not have a lot to say, I took and extended winter break that did not see me return to the brushes until most of January had passed anyway.

I have been busy though getting a few of the smaller projects completed, as I have a deadline with Her Majesty's Inspector of Taxes to hit before the month end that I had forgotten about and the penalties for missing that are harsh, so much of my time is being wasted on getting the books updated and my tax return filed on time. I have realised carrier bags, boxes and drawers are a real issue when they get stuffed with bits of important paperwork as well as general post, lots of sorting out to be done. I really must be more organised in that department.

One of the small side projects I am currently working on is a set of 5 Murawski Miniatures, these are a group of 5 officers and ADC's that I am doing for a fellow blogger in exchange for an expansion to my library.

Not the greatest photo in the world I seem to have forgotten how to use the upload thingy properly in my absence. and hopefully by the time they are finished I will have worked everything out nicely.

Right folks thats all for now

Loki

28 comments:

  1. Take care of your health, first and foremost. Blogging should not be a chore, but more an enjoyable outlet. Just post when you feel up to it - it is always appreciated in any case.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back, Andrew and do continue looking after yourself.
    As Dean notes, blogging should be enjoyable and not a taxing endeavor.

    Figures look nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you back Loki. I know how the blog can start to seem like an obligation. Use it as you see fit rather than how you think others expect it. We'll be here when you drop in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to hear from you Andrew and very important that you do what you need to do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to see that you are back in action albeit with less blogging! Like others before have said blogging should be a fun activity in the hobby and if it starts feeling like a chore it's definately a good time to ease off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do it your way mate, see you Thursday if the Mrs. has improved

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  7. And he is back, as Ian days you gotta do what works for you. We will still be here when you have something to share

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stay well, Andrew - that's the most important thing.

    Look forward to more from the painting table down the track!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're continued good health is essential :)
    I've been obliged to undertake a new regime of personal fitness in an attempt to extend my gaming/painting life....!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Health first, that's for sure. We'll be here when you want to post, and it's not biggie. Besides, sounds like you've got a great support system at home, and that makes life a lot better.

    Healthy Wishes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. We do what we gotta do - be well no matter what else!

    ReplyDelete
  12. No health, no play, as my mama used to say.
    Keep the priorities and everything will fall into place Andrew, no worries. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Keep meaning to update mine with batreps n stuff.
    never seem to be enough time in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Keep meaning to update mine with batreps n stuff.
    never seem to be enough time in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great looking figures Loki, look after yourself you ol' bugger!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Its great to see you again Andrew and see your wonderful painting skills again. As for blogging mate in truth once in a while is good for me though I have to say I do love your painting skills and seeing the finish product, but remember blogging is meant to be fun and the minute it becomes a chore then that when you should stop mate.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A sound approach if ever there was one. You'll cope easily enough, so things should be on the up, if not now, then very soon. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Take care of yourself Andrew, and your family; that's far more important than hobby and internet nonsense, no matter how much fun that nonsense can be.

    I noticed something in that photo - you have labels on the paint rack. I need a paint rack with labels. I need it or I will explode.

    ReplyDelete
  19. look after yourself, good to see you posting again and lovely Poles!

    ReplyDelete
  20. 4-5 posts a week! That would be a good months worth of blog posts for me.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good to see you back mate. You have been conspicuous by your absence.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice to see you back Loki! Take care of yourself first and just let the rest follow.

    ReplyDelete
  23. My thanks to you all, good to be back, I have been reading most of your exploits in this years challenge its going to be an interesting run to the line :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. Honestly, I can understand that feeling. No matter how much motivation it can give one and how much one enjoys the interaction with others, there are certainly times when one feels like juggling with too many balls! And health always come first!

    ReplyDelete
  25. It's always nice to hear from you, Andrew.
    Take care of yourself now!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Welcome back, and take care of yourself Andrew!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Stay well and know you bring great joy to many readers. Look forward to future posts. Infrequent posts aren't a problem, that's the beauty of RSS feeds.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments they are appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...