2 November 2014

Back to Napoleonics

Well the last couple of weeks have seen minor progress, since making the decision to switch from 28mm back to 15mm Napoleonics. I have been able to focus on some loose ends and get them completed.

I had 3 battalions of Napoleonics that were all being worked during the last year whilst building a 28mm French and Allies Force being a wargamer and slightly off my old swede lately, these never got completed so when I cleared out these were not ready to sell. Further after selling my Frenchies off I had a huge stack of Russians to sort out.

I sorted the Russians, repainting and rebasing half of what I had acquired to sell off, I got caught in the excitement of being exposed to that much lead I did what any lunatic would and impulse purchased the whole lot of Infantry that was available. That even with Kevin there to control me when I bought figures, and yes he did suggest half and half with French that were available but my head was not behaving and I had a whole lot of Russians, to me that was all that counted. It was many days later that logic hit me and I realised that I would never be able to field everything I had purchased. Lesson learnt there until the next time.

So any way I have rebased and repainted all the other Russians for my own gaming as well as adding some cavalry and Jagers to balance it all out. More on those in another post.

I have been able to complete the first of three half finished units of 28mm figures as I mentioned earlier. So these are now heading off to Ebay as I dint require the figures, although I will have to replace these with a 15mm version.

I present the Swiss Neuchatel Battalion circa 1812. This has to be the third time I have painted these fellows in recent years but they are just so dandy its hard not too. They can be purchased from Ebay later today for the princley sum of £30.00 including free postage in the UK or reduced postage Worldwide.







Well thats me for now folks, I will be lurking as I have done for a couple of months now while I wait for the gloom to lift fully. Until then stay safe

Loki

28 comments:

  1. Fantastic paint job Andrew, this yellow is marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blimey! 28mm quality painting on 15mm figures. Superb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I did not make it clear these are 28mm figures I will be replacing these and painting them over in 15mm for my collection

      Delete
  3. Oh Andrew, these are stunning - are they really 15mm? Staggering quality Sir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Dear Sorry I did not make it clear these are 28mm figures I will be replacing these and painting them over in 15mm for my collection

      Delete
  4. 15mm or 28mm... brilliant job either way :)
    ...£30.00... you undersell your work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are 28mm figures and being sold to finance the change back to 15mm, someone can have a bargain

      Delete
  5. Damn fine work there Andrew. Those yellows and blues together are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Phew! At first I thought they were 15's and I was going to shoot myself . . . .

    Lovely job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely unit- the famous "Canaries".

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh gosh - the faces are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait! So the blog I'm preparing to showcase your Russian banners, and a bit of Russian history is... too late??? Oh no!

      Delete
    2. its never to late to showcase anything Sweet Dixie.

      Delete
    3. Cool - I'm almost done. Shoot, I even watched this history documentary on the whole 1805 battle and march into Russia by Napoleon. Whew! Thanks! Maybe this week.

      Delete
    4. Loki, the post is on! So very glad you're back now. I'm going to make a very nice banner of the green dragon to go over my fireplace... give it that great hall feeling!!
      The post is called, "Loki's back - Game on!" placed on November 4th. I write daily so it'll be there for a good 24 hours. I love doing this kinda stuff! Enjoy!

      Delete
  9. Cracking stuff Andrew. Yellow is a hard colour to get right and you've got it spot. Whoever gets these is a lucky gamer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Insanely vibrant yellow, my hats off to you sir.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Top work old bean!! One of my favourite Nappie units, just gotta love the yellow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are stunning Loki! Absolutely top notch work !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rather sweet old chum.
    These will rocket on Ebay

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hola
    MAGNIFICO trabajo
    un saludo

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is seriously good work. Wonderfully painted using great colour combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah the famous Neuchatel battalion. Just superb Andrew. I'll have keep an eye out for them on eBay.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments they are appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...