9 October 2014

It's Been a while !!!

Well I do hope you are all well and ready for a proper post from me after the last few weeks of nothingness.
I am recovering but not as fast as I hoped but I have been tinkering in the background working on several projects. Today I have completed working on several AB Miniatures Russian Napoleonic units that will be going on E-Bay tonight. You will be able to see the listings in the tab at the top of the page after 7pm tonight.

I have reworked large parts of the figures as they needed a tidy up and application of the correct divisional colours. The flags are all my own work ( and may be sold via Brigantes Studio in due course) as I have been done a lot of research over the years and wanted the units to carry the correct standards, Russian practises with these are rather complicated to say the least.


So above is the 1st Battalion Count Arakayev Grenadiers and below is the 1st battalion Lieb Grenadiers these formed the 2nd Brigade of the 1st Grenadier Division in 1812.



The 3rd Brigade in the same division comprised the St Petersburg Grenadiers above and the Tauride Grenadiers Below.


I have also completed the rebasing and reconfiguration of a Jager Battalion (below).


No I am not done yet in fact not even half way through yet!!!

I then took a break from the infantry for a while as I had to completely repaint two Dragoon regiments.


Above is the Kiev Dragoon Regiment and below is the Moscow Dragoon regiment


Once I completed these it was back to lots more infantry!!!

Kremenchug Infantry regiment above with their compatriots the Minsk infantry below that formed the 1st brigade of the 4th division in 1812

moving along nicely

Tobolsk Infantry regiment above with their compatriots the Volhynie infantry below that formed the 2nd brigade of the 4th division in 1812

and just because you can never have enough Infantry when playing as a Russian I completed the collection with the Pskov infantry because I liked the flag.


Well you have made it to the end of this post, I hope to be back more frequently from this point forward.

Regards
Loki

28 comments:

  1. Welcome back, very nice work on these Russians!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Top stuff. We're all painting zombies at the mo', you're just in time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you back, and that you're working (very nice work too!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see you back in the seat chap and with lovely figures to boot

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bloody hell!!! you have been a busy boy!!!! Top work ol' boy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work and lovely figures comrade!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to see you are back! And with a bang it seems. That's quite a bunch of lead you've managed to paint up, and to a superb quality for 15mm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Figures like that are well worth waiting for - lovely stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic! Another 2 weeks and you'll able to host Borodino! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice work mate! Good to see you on the mend even if at a slower pace than you'd like.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice, I think my mate Scotty will very interested in these!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Soon be back on track mate. Great painting and lovely finish - and God's period too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! That is a massive number of figures to tackle at once. You certainly are back in the saddle again!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's what is known as "a bunch" of Russians. Take care, and well done.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a lot of little soldiers.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good to see you back, nice job on one of my favourite armies late war AB Russians.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very nice units! The flags really pop too! I'm so ashamed I haven't painted my Peninsular War troops yet, and they've been tinboys for two years now!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good that you are recovering and all is going well. The troops look spanking in green. Not a nappies fan but I can always appreciate good figures well painted.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Excellent stuff on those Russians! Glad you are back posting!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful work on the Russians Loki!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Excellent work Loki, you have been busy

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are amazing! Good to see you posting. Take care. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. They look rather splendid old chap

    ReplyDelete
  24. Now that's what I call a post, spectacular work my good man.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow - that is a lot of Russians! They look great; I'd have a hard time parting with them.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very nice colour scheme on the miniatures set against the right coloured backdrop. ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments they are appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...