20 August 2014

Warbases Wednesday #25 - in the pipeline.

Well when I offered to blog regularly for Martin and Diane, for me it was a bit of an unknown quantity. I knew that I had a regular readership and that it should be a good vehicle for revealing the latest news and developments for their business. I have watched its readership grow as the journey has continued and can hardly believe that I have 25 issues under my belt. Also judging by the statistics it is a popular feature on my blog so hopefully it will continue to work for the benefit of us all. Allowing me to retain the ability to publish this well into the future.

I am always pleased to read the comments that you all take the time to leave, and I know that both Martin and Diane take note of every comment you all leave, and take a lot from that, as I speak to them regularly to gain updates and keep ahead of the developments.

So the main focus of the post this week is to let you all know of a few projects I am working on at present that will feature in the Warbases Web store in due course.


Now I can hear you all saying well that does not look to be much but let me explain. Starting with the back product on the right that is the beginnings of a haystack and I am making 10 of these, 5 for 28mm scale and 5 for 15mm scale these will be added to the resin scenics ranges in the later part of the year. In the foreground the strip of MDF is being transformed into a master for pavement sections in 28mm scale to complement the roads that will be released shortly. I hope to have the first bits of resin from the road masters in a couple of weeks so I can paint them up to match the bases released earlier this year.


Kevin is busy sculpting some items for the stagecoach which will turn this item into a great piece too own as there will be a choice of horse and crew, not to mention luggage etc to compliment it all.

We have a lot more planned for the future so keep watching this space.

Regards
Andrew


26 comments:

  1. Some interesting stuff. Will have some of those 15mm haystacks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The full set of masters are now up on the blog

      Delete
  2. Now funnily enough, I was looking at some haystacks just the other day, I think I'll wait now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check this weeks blog page for an update

      Delete
  3. More goodies on the way....excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pavements and roads! Are these to be bases or scenic pieces?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have already sculpted a range of bases that are available, the roads are being cast and the pavements are on my workbench, either of the latter could be used as bases if desired the road section is 150mm x 100mm from memory

      Delete
  5. Question on the haystacks, will you only have the round ones or the more eastern European ones that are stacked on a post and can kind of look like a mushroom?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Round for now though I may do eastern european if the boss requires some made, it all come down to finances at the end of the day when expanding

      Delete
  6. Big ticks all round, the haystacks especially.

    Now, a thought: ACW fencing types. Snake fencing, obviously, but also the split rail type set over a line of stacked rocks (can't remember the name). Anyway, resin bases with sculpted rocks etc and MDF rail kits - DIY assembly etc. Do'em in 15 and 25/28mm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet that Hurt!! I have already designed snake rail fencing with the right shaped corners too, though have not sold the rights to reproduce these yet! and I agree with the split rail idea buddy and I cant remember the proper name but know exactly what you mean

      Delete
  7. I say Andrew have you been reading my wish list again as haystack and roads are on them. I actually cannot wait for the roads and I will be using them as soon as they come out to be used in my English countryside. I think that plough field would be a nice addition too and if you need more ideas I will send you my wish list

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The roads are going to be a real treat, all cobbled to match the bases already released. Haystacks revealed this week

      Delete
  8. These will be some great additions I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. From the comments it looks as if you've already sold some haystacks! Those pavement sections will look good on any table and will go like gangbusters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope so Anne as Martin has been investing heavily to expand his business

      Delete
  10. I was amazed how often we use our haystacks. I'm sure these will be a great seller.

    ReplyDelete
  11. All sounds good, especially talk of add on's to the stagecoach

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haystacks, yes please! Paved roads also sound fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Several people already asking for Haystacks. I could do with a few in 15mm that's for sure. It has got me wondering what other agricultural bits and pieces are in the works! I doubt you'll do a "muck heap" for example. But Troughs would be useful, not just for the wild west. Sacks obviously Hay bales for later 20th century stuff. Maybe milk churns. Possibly some tools for the wheel barrow as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny enough I plan on a muck heap and many of the other items mentioned, the muck heap should provide comedy moments in skirmish games.

      Delete
  14. Actually I was looking for haystacks some time ago when I assembled a partly reaped field... Another item for my shpping list though...

    Cheers
    Stefan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another vote of thanks for haystacks. I had looked at making my own and could not see any easy way to do so that would not look pants.
    What about resin loads for the carts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michael, I have already done a resin load for the cart, that should be due back from the casters shortly.

      Delete

Please leave your comments they are appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...