6 August 2014

Warbases Wednesday #23 - Bumper Edition

Right folks the man cave is operational again though there is lots to do still, but more importantly I can bring you more news this week from Warbases. Just to give you an idea of what I have been battling here is a model I was constructing and should have completed for last weeks edition. Most of what I am dealing with is like this:


Now in handy flat pack form :(

Any way onto the more encouraging news. There have been a few new additions to the web shop in the last couple of weeks and of course you all want to know which animals have made it onto the short list and will be the next productions.

First up then the competition and suggestions for new animals for the range, I submitted a top ten to Martin and Diane to cut down and choose 5 from the list to go into production and this is what has been selected in no particular order.
  1. Ravens
  2. Camels
  3. Rats
  4. Foxes
  5. Wolves
It should be noted that although some suggestions have not made it to production for the next batch many of the suggestions will be kept and may appear in later releases. I would like to pass on the thanks of all at Warbases to you, for taking part and telling us what you would like to see in the future. A winner will be selected from all who entered once we have the master models completed.

Moving on we have a couple of new additions to the ranges on offer and this time its something for the painters to use when organising their painting areas.

Regular readers of this blog will know that I sent my paint rack design to Martin to be produced as a custom fit for me, I also agreed that this design could be modified to make it available to the wider public in a post service friendly size. Also if there is a demand I will upload the label system etc that I used for you to download should you require see original post HERE.

Martin has in this instance adapted it to hold 45 dropper bottles and this is keenly priced at £7.00 the external dimensions are as follows: Width 276 mm,  Height 216 mm and Depth 80 mm. Of course if you require the full size 90 bottle design as I have then you will be able to order one of these via email for collection at a show.

Next I present a very handy brush rack priced at £3.00. Width 110 mm,  Height 110 mm and Depth 75 mm.

A nice and compact design that will safely store 6 brushes.

With both these additions there is no better time to organise your desk and perhaps gain some space in the process.

Well that is Warbases Wednesday for another week folks hope it has been a good read.

Andrew

35 comments:

  1. I am glad to see that you are back at the helm with Ragnars' stone to help guide us through the dark days. I have to say that I loved the storage system so much that on Sunday I ordered two and got them while I was in hospital, the lovely Mrs PK actually brought them in for me. I have a new name too, Petal Kaput

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true dedication! Did they let you have glue in the hospital?

      Delete
    2. Petal Kaput, you may need to explain my friend!

      Delete
    3. Some things can't be explained.

      Delete
    4. Yes some things need no further explanation ;)

      Delete
  2. Those look really useful pieces of kit. The other day I pointed the the wife out what good value the rack was ;-)

    Do you think it would be practical to add a carrying handle?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would not recommend that Edwin but you can carry it like a tray as the bottles will not fall through unless you have it upside down of course

      Delete
  3. The brush rack is nice. Stop tempting me with these things I don't know I need but quickly convince myself I can't do without.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thats exactly why I show you these things, so you can see what you need that you are currently lacking

      Delete
  4. I need some of those.....everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Almost ordered 2 myself the weekend, unfortunately paying other bills had to take precedence. I hope to place an order next month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to say that I could not live without mine now and the space saved is very useful

      Delete
  6. Hi Andrew,

    excellent preview. I got my storage racks and my brush rack yesterday and will feature them soon. They deserve attention without any doubt.

    Cheers
    Stefan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like them Stefan and I look forward to your review

      Delete
  7. Great preview, and a very nice storage system. Very interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad to see that you are back at the helm, sir. The modeler's handy accessories are super. And I'm thrilled that the fox and raven made the cut for production (Yipee!). Keep smilin', Andrew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jay, it will all come good in the long run

      Delete
  9. I do like the idea of the paint rack!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I spotted the paint rack earlier... those are definitely on my order list

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they will make a very good addition Paul

      Delete
  11. Looking good... That paint rack looks excellent value..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can not believe the difference mine made Dave, both in terms of easy recognition and space saved on the desk

      Delete
  12. The brush rack looksvvery useful and csnnot wait for the next batch of animals to be produced

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good to see you ploughing on regardless, true dedication.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good on you for getting your design into production. That is quite an accomplishment. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The brush rack is a great addition. I like it a lot.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  16. The brush rack looks good, I try not to spend money on things like that but you are making it difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the paint rack! Time to put in an order.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good to see you're back on track recovering from The Event.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The paint rack is a cracker Andrew!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hope your getting over the wreckage,

    Really like the bottle holders as they are great space savers and what a good price.

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'll have to get me the brush holder I recon

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments they are appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...