23 July 2014

Warbases Wednesday #21

Welcome good people, this week is a rather eclectic and brief post as the weather has definitely conspired to prevent a lot of hobby work as the inherent problems modelling or painting in heat have beaten me.

I shall begin with a few shots of the most recently completed display animals for the current range of figures.

First up we have a pack of rabbits, 5 per pack for £1.75.



Now just occasionally one gets hoisted by ones own petard and the next pack certainly achieved that. Upon handing them to me Martin said "now let me see what you can do with them." having tackled his rare breeds and those chickens and ducks in particular I was fully confident.

Then I Googled some images of Pheasants - Holy shit Batman ! well I gave them my best shot that's all I can really say. They as always are cracking sculpts and the pack contains 3 pheasants for £1.75.



I painted them as a juvenile male, a male and female and have just about managed to get them to a point I am happy enough. ( I sure am glad they are done though).

Well after that little distraction I would just like to mention that Warbases will be at the Warlord games Open Day this weekend, sadly I wont be there to meet and greet anyone. However don't let that stop you from calling in and saying hello to Martin and Diane if you are going.

Next weekend 2nd August it is the turn of Claymore show in Edinburgh where once again Warbases will be there to serve you up some fine products.

Well good people that is all from me this week other than to give a quick reminder if you have not already entered the Warbases exclusive competition you only have 1 week to get your suggestions posted HERE.

Andrew

25 comments:

  1. The rabbits and pheasants are cool, very nice work. Two of the favourite critters my dogs like to chase, and generally not catch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My kitty Fang catches bunnies all the time. She eats everything but the feet.

      Delete
    2. Keeps the feet for good luck, I bet. ;-)

      Delete
  2. Really like the work that is being done on the animals by Kev, yourself and Warbases

    Outstanding all around

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work Andrew, cute bunnies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like critter figures. Nicely painted Andrew!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these Andrew, definitely on my 'to buy' list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you a pheasant plucker oe a pheasant pluckers son.
    Heehee. ...
    Cracking job

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rabbits... This is getting very Pythonesque. It will Be African Swallows next!

    Nice job on them

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent work, Andrew! I was thinking of Watership Down for your first picture and my back yard for the second as we have pheasants in the farm fields all around us. They are lovely creatures and you've captured them perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not a pheasant painter, I'm a pheasant painter's mate
    And I'm commenting on his blog post cause his pheasant paintings great :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent work. Great looking small animals.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  11. OK, so far only the ducks were on my animals shopping list for Crisis, now the Rabbits and Pheasants made it, too! Thanks for tempting me! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both look great mate. The Pheasants especially are painted brilliantly!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice 'terrain'. The rabbits would make an interesting objective for a medieval skirmish game.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very very nice Andrew! There will be bunnies popping up in game reports all over the place soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pleasant pheasants.... Oh that's horrid please forgive me!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My Dad would call the post dinner! Nicely painted but still dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I say chap they are cracking and I am rather pleased as it means I have to get mine sorted now.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments they are appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...