4 July 2014

The Man Cave Shuffle (part 2) !!!

Yes well it has been one of those weeks already, and I am a man on a mission. Tuesday saw me take a trip to town to acquire the paints that I had forgotten to order. Yes it did not take long, one day of staring at a couple of gaps and it kicked in, I had to complete the Vallejo range. The reality is that it was holding up part two of the grand plan which will take a fair bit of time but will be worth it in the end ! at least I think so.


Stage two involves sorting out the old Foundry and Coat D'Arms paint triads and matching them or near as makes no difference to the Vallejo range. The next step will then be to broaden the spectrum of triad combinations as I can spot plenty of possibles just looking at the racks. So breaking out white paper and a few paint test dummies should do the trick!
So dear reader if you thought my mind was disturbed at having organised paints then this is possibly another confirmation for you that indeed I am far to thorough at times.


So now the really disturbing part I am using paint test dummies to try out the various recipes for triads, to ensure they look right straight away or are balanced by layering etc. However this is not as mad as it appears as when I upload the triad combinations to the blog at least I will have tested them first to ensure they work out. I also intend to be a bit more thorough with my painting guides in the future and will be referring to the various colours by number etc so it should be possible to replicate what I show without too much problem.

Well I am away for a few days now on family matters so wont be around till late Sunday. Have a good weekend what ever you choose to occupy it with.

Loki 

33 comments:

  1. Excellent work Andrew! As you may know I am working on a comparison chart and have started cataloging my paints as well, after noticing I had double bought a couple of colors. Great, and obsessive, minds think alike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paint test dummies! Brilliant, but you watch out for those chaps in white coats Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good idea. I have also a lot of triads from Foundry and Coats, and I´m thinking about to change them with Vallejo Paints, cheaper and more easy to find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I have been able to match most sets and some have a slight variation but will work as

      Delete
  4. Great idea! I'm looking forward to your paint charts as I always have some problems to find matching ones within the Vallejo range.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats the Idea buddy it will stop me deliberating for hours over a colour match

      Delete
  5. Paint test dummies... Hmm for a moment I thought you meant Kev!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about it but could not match the shade :)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Yeah, but you ARE a qualified librarian; disorder is anathema to your soul.
      ; )

      Delete
    2. Nowt wrong with a touch of crazy and there is more madness still to come

      Delete
  7. Crazy, maybe, but sometimes crazy is the only thing that works :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is purely a state of mind, crazy is good when handled responsibly

      Delete
  8. Really good stuff, I only wish I were so organised!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just invite Millsy to sort it out for you

      Delete
  9. the only thing I struggle with, when using paints from dropper bottles, is that I tend to 'drip' out too much for what I need ~ I suppose practice and a too little approach is the better option, for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dont squeeze the bottles so hard and they will drip nicely if well mixed ;)

      Delete
  10. Dizzying amount of colors there! Nice work on the test figure too. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its the full set Dean so I am rockin an rollin

      Delete
  11. Um, Loki is there a hyphen in 'anal retentive'?

    Of course I'm just jealous of your mad organizing skills. ;)

    May the Best Triad Win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. quite possibly a hyphen indeed, the mad part is quite correct

      Delete
  12. Thanks an excellent idea and perfect work. I'm really looking forward to seeing some recipes.

    Cheers
    Stefan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Like your blog.It is very inspirational.I will now start following your projects.Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, do you have a list of the mtches please? I don't have either of those paint ranges to confirm/deny the matches in my paint comparison chart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm mostly looking to confirm/complete any matches between Foundry and the VMC range if you have any notes on those please? I don't really trust the colour swatches I've got for the Foundry range in order to match up with the VMC colour codes that I have.

      Delete
  15. Thank you for this wonderful pages and for sharing it with us so kindly

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments they are appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...