2 June 2014

Sweltering in the Park Loot and news

So yesterday on the hottest day of the year so far, my day began with it being rather chilly, perfect when you are setting up the stand for a show as it is heavy work. However by 9am it was already warming up in the marquee a sign of things to come. It got even hotter as the day progressed, though the show was very well attended all things considered. How ever many of us trading were flagging in the heat so the sides were opened to help ventilate the stifling air. I will be glad to see the event back inside later this year as lthough a novel show it got too hot for me and packing up shop at the end of the day was a struggle.

This was a very good event for me personally and for Brigantes Studio as a whole as it was the first occasion I have had some time to do some networking and sort out a few plans and ideas.

As regular readers will be aware this is my ad-hoc year were I have decide to see how going with the flow works out rather than failing to meet planned personal targets and I placed a spending ban on myself until I was in a position of having cleared the stockpile. However something had to give on this occasion and the stockpile has grown.

So we will start at the beginning as you all know I have been doing some AWI figures that I won for the winter challenge although our principal scale for large battles is 15mm, so I took this opportunity to pre-order a couple of Lancashire games battle packs and commands for a nice side project for myself in anticipation of the release for the AWI black powder supplement.

I have fellow Blogger +DAVE DOCHERTY to thank for this marvellous gift a Blackbeard bust and a Pirate flag, both very much appreciated and will inspire several figures in the coming months ahead.

In that case best get me a proper vessel to become the scourge of the seven seas in!!! Part of a negotiation with Andy at Ainsty castings who wants the above Man of War painted up by Brigantes Studios for display purposes bat future shows. I have coveted one of these from afar for several years as mentioned in a previous post.


I no longer need to covet any more in exchange for painting the Man of War I have received my own Man of War and a merchant Man, you can see where all this is going to lead me cant you. The whole plan is a very long term project so while I will be working the Man Of War very soon my own pieces will be much later in the schedule.

I also did some networking and have agreed to paint a set of the new Nightfolk for David and Jayne's display. I need a shrubbery!!!! Yes the latest release of the very Pythonesque Knights are in the Great Hall awaiting a lick of paint.
A trip to Colonel bills saw me purchase one of the Belt Fed Girls in my case it had to be Boobica!! though I may just have to add Moll Cutpurse to my ranks of Pirates in the future.

I also received the next batch of prohibition era figures from Dave, who returned later in the day with a freshly purchased box of G men and Cops to add to the commission.

I also met a lot of fellow bloggers and thank fully had some time to chat with most of them, its always nice to play catch up.

Well folks thats my haul from the day out I now have plenty to keep the paint flowing and the brushes working for a reasonable period ahead.

Loki

45 comments:

  1. Sounded like a damn good and productive day mate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The vagaries of the British weather. Glad you like "Le Corsaire" and the Jollly Roger.. I found them in a tourist shop in Brittany and thought they might raise a smile.

    Sounds like you a productive if tiring day..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They certainly raised a smile and once again Dave many Thanks

      Delete
  3. So, one step nearer the Pirates!

    You seemed to be busy despite me forgetting to order my plastic tokens! (Klutz!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you are going to Phalanx Gary preorder them and save yourself 10% that way you should not forget !

      Delete
  4. Nice one mate. At least the lead pile did not grow excessively large.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is rather large already Clint I have an ever expanding pile

      Delete
  5. Its big enough already Clint. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pot calling the kettle black me thinks

      Delete
  6. Sounds a very profitable meet. Brigantes is going to be busy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed Edwin though it is good to be busy

      Delete
  7. Great to meet up again and a VERY big thank you for the Saga stuff for my son, will be posting later today.

    I need to catch up with you and sort something out for your lot

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to meet up again Ian and the boy is an absolute credit to you!

      Delete
  8. Oh my goodness, you got a boat - two to be precise! I'm loving this go for it attitude Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed I do Sir, and the mayhem will begin all over again I have wanted one of these for sooooooooo long now. Going to start a major personal project for me and the younglings to have some fun with

      Delete
  9. sounds like you had a successful dsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice haul, should keep you off the streets and out of trouble for a bit! Looking forward to seeing those pirate ships painted up, they look particularly nice. Cheers, Paul :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With the nickname I have keeping outta trouble can be tricky at times ;)
      those pirate ships are huge and will be great fun to paint up

      Delete
  11. Sounds like a good day and looks like a good haul.
    It's always nice to hear (or read) good news but from your direction it's extraordinarily pleasing.

    All the best further on, Andrew!

    Cheers
    Stefan

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's quite a workload you have ahead of you - really looking forward to seeing the completed Nightfolk (this year's goofiest and most lovable figs by a long shot!), as well as those Ainsty pirate ships.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Already have one of the Nightfolk on the paint bench Ev the temptation was too great not too!!!

      Delete
  13. You lucky beggar! I've been giving that man-o-war the glad eye for quite a while now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have coveted one of these for an awfully long time too, the things are just huge Millsy and will require some hard work to paint these to display standard

      Delete
  14. What a great mashup of things to paint! The fantasy figs should be a hoot to paint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those Nightfolk are going to be the ultimate run riot pieces

      Delete
  15. Nice haul and good to hear you've picked up some commissions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pleasing to pick up work need to pay the bills somehow :)

      Delete
  16. Sounds like a good day even though it was warm. Some nice loot.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A great day Brendon lots achieved in the short time frame

      Delete
  17. Holy bumble bees, that's some day. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure was a busy Day and lots of booty gained

      Delete
  18. Sounds like s great day out, its excellent that Brigantes is going from strength to strength!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Greate haul! Will be interesting to see the impresive ships painted up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They will be a good challenge Michael

      Delete
  20. Looks like a rather successful time Andrew!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice! Looks like a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, certainly was a good one

      Delete
  22. Nice haul, good times! Looking forward to seeing the ships painted up. Always wanted to do pirates, but the ship is always the biggest hurdle.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments they are appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...