3 June 2014

Loki is back from retirement !!

Somehow this seems a fitting time to bring back my proper internet profile. He was my online identity for so long that he became instantly recognisable to the wider community as myself. Until things went awry and he was used without my permission.

I have to thank Ian at the "Blog With No Name" for this complete turn around as something he said to me this weekend rang true, I had contemplated giving this figure away his reaction was a definitive no its you and you should not be giving that away.

This caused me to think hard about my reasons behind retiring this figure. You see to my mind he was tarnished due to the identity theft. Something that I could not eradicate from my sometimes warped state of mind. However no matter what I used to replace that identity it never felt completely right either. Even the apology from the tin soldiers of Antwerp and suitable compensation for the breach did nothing to calm my mind about this. Though on reflection of Ian's comment it made me think about the wider audience obviously people saw him as me. It was a recognisable figure to many bloggers. Therefore I should rise above the nonsense side of things and put him back in his rightful place and resume his role as my online identity once more.

Sometimes my mental health issues get in the way of clear thought and reasoning. I suspect most people would not have worried over such trivial matters and just got on with it. They of course are right in a sense but for sufferers like me sometimes the smallest things can cause the biggest problems. This move has certainly made me feel a damn sight better as he is one of the miniatures I am rather proud to have painted. So far the year for me has been well beyond expectations and this turn around is another small step in the right direction for me personally.

I apologise for this ramble of a post but needed to get this off my chest so to speak, but at least it is a very open and honest one, so I thank you for stopping by even if there was not a great deal of content today!

Loki

54 comments:

  1. Nice to see a familiar face again! He's a top figure. I'm glad you can now use him without any negative feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everybody likes a Viking(well most anyhow....) so it's nice to see him back.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these kinds of posts, always have.
    Thanks for sharing this and that Ian. He
    is one good cookie, I tell you that.

    Congrats on another wonderful step forward.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, though I shall refrain from boogie woogie I have a reputation to maintain ;)

      Delete
  4. Loki? is this the real Loki or one of his guises he uses to mislead us?

    I for one am very happy to see Loki back and every time I see this figure on the net I think of you Loki.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pete, Its the original one and its nice to be back

      Delete
  5. Long Live to Loki II,
    Long live to Loki II,
    Long Live to Loki II!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back! It's great to see such a wonderfully painted figure once again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back, where the hell have you been all this time!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Onwards and upwards my friend.

      Delete
    2. Oh I been on this little island talking to the Faeries ;)

      Delete
  8. I am glad what I said got such a positive response as it could have upset you. I don't think you were wrong being upset by the misuse of your figure, but to allow it to dismember your love of it would be a tragic loss. I was sure that once you let it go you would soon come to regret it.

    Like everyone else I am well chuffed to see him back where he belongs.

    Now answer my question regards the pirates my hartie

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No thank you Ian, sometimes its hard to do but upon reflection your were right. and I have dealt with the pirate matter ;)

      Delete
  9. No need to apologise Sir, just glad to have him back.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great to see him back! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great to see the old avatar again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hurray, he's back !
    That's good news and there never a reason to apologise good news. I'm glad to see your well-known avatar again and even more to hear the good background of this decision.

    All the best
    Stefan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stefan good to have him back

      Delete
  13. `baut time we see some Norsemen here again... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right I will have to get some more on here very soon

      Delete
  14. Sometimes like you it's the little things that throw me. But I am learning to dance in the rain. And remembering not to sweat the small stuff. Best advice I have been given in the last year is to"Think of yourself how your best friend would describe you."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Clint although at the moment every time I stand up I get another kick in the balls. My best friend would describe me as a very nice loon though :)

      Delete
  15. I'm a newbie to this blog. And Hail to the Loki!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great to see the big man back where he belongs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ramble away mate if it helps you. Good to see the old fella back. I personally think he's one of your very best.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good for you, it is indeed a handsome figure. (Odin, not Loki?)
    I can totally relate to getting rattled about stuff like this, as someone who daily deals with anxiety & depression to varying degrees - it's a bugger when it interferes with your hobby, and like you said, things can get blown out of proportion.

    All the best,
    John.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John, its a struggle I agree but one that will be won eventually thanks for visiting

      Andrew

      Delete
  19. Good to see Loki ... better steer him away from The Hulk though. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Hulk does not frighten me I am a slippery character ;)

      Delete
  20. See I knew there was a use for the pin man, welcome back Loki

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments they are appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...