20 June 2014

I am truly Honoured by a fellow Blogger !!!

There are some great fellow bloggers that I have had the pleasure of meeting over the last three years. In fact a great many of them share the same level of passion for toy soldiers and are skilled in many different areas. I have been delighted to meet and speak to most of them while helping out at various shows across the country and of course attending the Blog con meets.

Today I want to publicly thank +Panzer Kaput  ( Pete ), one of the nicest eccentric chaps one is ever likely to meet, who besides a great passion for his toys is a gifted and very talented illustrator. I first met Pete online through the blog and have regularly enjoyed his blog, he also got involved and helped out with some wonderful artwork for Bloggers for charity, one piece of this art inspired me to paint a figure from the image for the auction. It was during these conversations that I rather cheekily asked about a personalised blog header. I admired his own individual header and fancied something truly unique for my own blog. Rather than brush me aside or dismiss the idea he was genuinely happy to be asked, so I left it at that.

Pete lost his mojo for a while but I never enquired about the header idea, after all it is really bad form to push people when they are being generous and donating there own time (a lesson many could do with learning sadly). A few weeks ago I met Pete at the Newark show and he was feeling very chipper and indeed his display game was right in front of the warbases stand so banter flowed all day between us. Then all of a sudden shortly after an image emerged on Facebook, Pete was back illustrating and I guessed almost straight away what he was working on, after an exchange of ideas on the background I was presented with several very nice options and today I unveil the new Logo for the Great Hall.

So I want to close this post with one final big THANK YOU to Pete, this is truly a great piece of work and I am very proud to have something unique for the blog.

Regards
Loki (Andrew)

37 comments:

  1. Hmmmm . . . . just had my original comment disappear!

    Anyway, as I was saying, it's a cracking piece of artwork. Lucky man and talented Pete!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks terrific! Good things happen to good chaps like yourself Andrew. Pete did a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful piece of work, damn nice guy is old Pete!

    ReplyDelete
  4. An excellent piece of work and very generous of Pete

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice - excellent work by Pete

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so very cool! Looks absolutely awesome! Fantastic work by PK!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is a geat guy and that's an excellent banner suitable for your great blog

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great gift! A really nice piece of work that captures the spirit of the Great Hall. Well done Pete!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks wonderful! You've done a great job, Pete!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice. I like Pete's work a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful piece of work !
    Cheers .

    ReplyDelete
  12. The hand of PK has blessed you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the gift it's a superb work he gave you.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely work from PK and very generous of him to take the time to do it for you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Top job PK, the banner does indeed look quite excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful piece of art that looks great on top of your blog! Hats off to both of you.

    Only thing though, what's it got to do with Napoleonic Wargaming Adventures... ;-) :-P

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely perfect for this blog. Great work :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loved that drawing when I first saw it on PK's blog. It definitely has found a good home.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great gift! Congrats on having a really unique banner.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I was about to say how much I liked the new Banner and then I realised it was from PK.
    I am sure you will keep this new banner as it literally is bespoke. Excellent Job PK. Made to measure!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great stuff, a top job from a top man to go on top of a top blog! I should have said top stuff, really, shouldn't I? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Superb! There is nothing quite like a gift of art. Very well done, PK.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fantastic- I am continually impressed with the community spirit in our gaming blogosphere ! Huzzah for PK!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You lucky beggar! That's absolutely superb, although I'd expect nothing less from PK.

    ReplyDelete
  25. You are most highly favoured indeed, Andrew. Very fine piece of work by Pete, and an even finer piece of generosity. Like Paul just said, the spirit of our gaming/blogging fraternity is always inspiring.
    MP

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wonderful work from a wonderful guy!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Excellent piece, very evocative!

    ReplyDelete
  28. An awesome picture and a very generous gift.
    It definitely crowns the appearance of your blog.

    Cheers
    Stefan

    ReplyDelete
  29. Andrew I am the one who is honoured by you asking me to do you header mast. I have so enjoyed doing this and it as got my creative juice flowing any so thanks there. But what make me the happiest is the fat that you and so many fellow bloggers like it and this make me feel very happy and humbled.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lovely gift and marvelous artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  31. A great piece of artwork. Very nice. A great gift to get.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is a brilliant banner. I love it. Your friend did an excellent job.

    ReplyDelete
  33. A stunning new addition to the Great Hall.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments they are appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...