25 May 2014

Weekly round up 25/05/2014 (part 1) - Something special this way comes!

This week I am going to start by throwing a curve ball into the weekly round up as last weekend while I was at Triples I had the opportunity to meet David and Jayne who run the new miniature company Northumbrian Tin Soldier. So this post is going to be entirely dedicated to that. With a seperate edition for my week tomorrow.

This company came onto my radar after +DAVE DOCHERTY  used one of the paint products they stock, the scale 75 range and I went to investigate the flesh pack upon his recommendation. I was quickly distracted when I went to the web shop though by a range of miniatures that really did catch my eye and my imagination.

Many of you know I like many things Viking / Scandinavian and the folklore and tales are no exception so imagine my surprise when I was presented with this image.

I was drawn in like the proverbial moth to a flame and was soon presented with all manner of figures to feed an over active mind. I decided that I would wait until Triples and go pay them a visit and I was even more impressed with what I saw and after a chat to David and Jayne I discovered that a lot more figures are on the way. This is going to cost me a fortune as I know I am going to have to collect these for the sheer joy of painting!

I will let David tell you about the company and its aims:
"A little bit about us ....where to start ? We are a new start-up miniature company (March 2014) and supply our very own range of 'Nightfolk' white metal Dark Fantasy Miniatures !
Wonderfully sculpted by Martin Buck, our growing range of miniatures consists of goblins, faeries, imps, gnomes and other assorted creatures ,oddities and grotesques.
The 'Nightfolk' are inspired by the tales and traditions of faerie and folklore, they have a fairy tale feel but with a slightly darker and more mischievous character.
Our online shop also stocks a comprehensive range of hobby paints scenic accessories and white metal figures, from manufacturers such as Scale75,Andrea, Vallejo, Perry, Otherworld, North Star etc."

I am very privileged to be given the rights to publish these images and present the first twelve figures in the range Sculpted By Martin Buck, Painting by Kevin Dallimore:











Yes I am hooked I enjoy painting Fantasy figures as one off's and these are a unique range. David has given me a bit more information about the future plans for the company as well so I will let him explain:

"The first wave of 'Nightfolk' characters consist of 12 miniatures and are available from our webstore now. The second wave of miniatures will be launched on our webstore this weekend (see below) and will be available from our stand at Partisan next weekend - we are now offering multi packs and full range deals on the miniatures.
Our plan is to have a rolling programme of releases with approximately 4 new figures a month for the foreseeable future (we have another 12 greens ready to be cast now!)
We plan to expand the range with various larger creatures and different factions of 'Folk' as the year progresses - there will also be a 'Nightfolk' skirmish printed rule set available later this year.
Thanks for this Andrew it is much appreciated !

Kind regards
David and Jayne"




From left to right: Sir Venerable, Sir Hal 'The Bird Knight', Sir Bucket the Boor, Squire Knapsack, yes these are the latest releases and they have just the right amount of Pythonesque character to become a set of my very own Knights of Ni!!

So that is me going to have plenty to keep the creative side alive in the coming months. I know these will appeal to some of you in the blogosphere so please take 5 minutes to visit the site (click the banner at the top of the post) and see the new ranges.

Thats me signing out for the day have a good one!

46 comments:

  1. They are lovely and when I can get around to it myself I'm going to get me some just to paint up because they are so characterful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff. I discoverd NTS at the a show in Middlesbrough, and was impressed with their stuff then. Glad you like them , look forward to seeing what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not sure my wallet is going to be happy

      Delete
  3. That stuff looks awesome! Damn now I'll have to buy some and I have so much to paint already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They caused me the same problem Robert, but hey we die if we dont buy more lead right?

      Delete
  4. those look great, will have to get some

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I intend to get a pack this weekend at Partizan

      Delete
  5. Wonderful characters, every one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some damn nice eye candy there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed the master work of Mr Dallimore pure quality

      Delete
  7. Those figures are absolutely bonkers. Love 'em! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have to agree Bonkers but a must have because of that very fact

      Delete
  8. Yes they are rather ace aren't they. I haven't cracked...yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give it time good man resistance is futile

      Delete
  9. lovely.
    But I'm resisting the urge, got too much else on the go.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's really some excellent stuff! I really like how much character they managed to pack in every single one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome to the Dark Side, Andrew - you'll probably have an entire army of these gruesomely gorgeous minis before you know it, they look too good to resist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My head has long been on the dark side Ev, but these figures really got my attention and I will not resist for too long :)

      Delete
  12. Some quirky delightful minis there! Lovely character!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Pythonesque knights broke my resistance and will be purchased this weekend

      Delete
  13. I love those. They look like fun. Real characters. Good deal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great aren't they so full of quirky fun character

      Delete
  14. Those are some crazy fun looking figures and of course Kevin's painting is off the charts.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The painting is superb, I hope I can get mine to look half as good

      Delete
  15. They have such dark whimsy, I love them. The way Dallimore painted them is perfect. I'd kill for something painted by him.

    They have the option of buying in US dollars, so I may pick some up when The Hubby gives me my allowance for June.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know you are sold on these and we would all kill for a Dallimore original ;)

      Delete
  16. I like what I can see. Not sure how I can use them just yet but when has that stopped me. Thanks for the heads up Loki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has never stopped me either Clint enjoy!

      Delete
  17. I had seen those minis on Steve's forum. I really like them. Lots of character.

    ReplyDelete
  18. They are amazing Loki and thanks to pointing them out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can take a good look at Partizan Pete

      Delete
  19. These are great looking figures

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hola
    Que minis mas chulas me gustan
    un saludo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very cool looking figures Andrew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are jolly well spectacular Rodger and will be the cause of me breaking my no spending restriction

      Delete
  22. Really nice figures. Thanks for the hint, Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stefan my pleasure its always good to showcase a range for the wider audience

      Delete
  23. Thanks for showcasing these Andrew! Fabulous miniatures with a lot of characterful poses. Though knowing that these exist certainly won't help with my growing pile of lead :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Samuli, they are going to be the cause of my own pile increasing and I am sure a few will make it to yours after all one can never really have enough lead can one

      Delete

Please leave your comments they are appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...