26 May 2014

Weekly round up 25/05/14 (part2) - "Time to Swim Wiv' Da Fish" - 28mm Dixon Gangsters

Back to my usual routine then !! Over this last week I have been busy working on a recent commission by fellow blogger +DAVE DOCHERTY  of  "One man and his Brushes". To paint miniatures for one of his many side projects as his new promotion means he has less time at the brushes to complete everything he wants.

Now obviously I want to showcase these to the masses as Dave is rather pleased with them and I have really enjoyed this project. Brigantes Studio does not have as wide an audience yet due to its recent entry into the blogging world, so I am giving you a small preview of the work many more pictures will be posted to the Brigantes Blog HERE and of course if you want to find out the identities of the Five then you will need to visit there and all will be revealed.

Clyde Barrow and Bonnie Parker
Street Gang with Hand guns
Gangsters with various weapons
The Five
Yeah well no gangster game would be right without some Fuzz
Now alongside this I managed to also knock out the Warbases Handcarts in midweek as part of my regular feature posts. Very little else got completed until this weekend due to a large number of hours spent on the phone getting the car sorted. I have to say the insurance company have been excellent and everything was going well until the car went into the garage resulting in me making several calls to find out what is going on as I am without vehicle. I am still fecking clueless in that area and its a Bank holiday so wont know for a couple of days so have pre booked the Stepdaughters car for two days so I can get to the game Thursday night and of course Partizan next Sunday.

In closing I wish to welcome aboard some new members of the Longship Crew:  Jgelder1, V Barrett, The Lead Dragon, Lee Brady, Stg3g, and Gariolanus I hope you enjoy the life at sea row hard and raid harder.

Loki

23 comments:

  1. Nicely painted eyes for such small figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, It just take practise and a good point on the brush

      Delete
  2. Impressive brushwork again, Andy. Very effective stripes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean, the cordoroy suit on the Reverend was the hardest one to get right

      Delete
  3. It's Funny I was on the Phone to Ray this afternoon (first time I have ever phoned him) and we mentioned you and your excellent painting.

    Nice roaring twenties figures ready for all sorts of shenanigans. A pleasure to see them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would have been a very short call about my painting :) I really enjoyed doing these and I have more coming this weekend to add to the famous five ;)

      Delete
  4. As I already mentioned over on the Brigantes blog:
    Really excellent stuff! All the attention to detail is absolutely amazing. I really like the chap sitting on his posterior.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very much enjoyed these and your comments are appreciated

      Delete
  5. These are a treasure, Andrew! Dave will be a very happy customer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed Dave is Happy He has seen all the images first

      Delete
  6. Wow! Very nicely painted. You are definitely a master at striping clothing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jay, I would not go as far as master but I am getting better at it

      Delete
  7. Those are some great looking gangsters Andrew.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. I tried some new techniques with these Anne, and they were a lot of hard work but worth it for the finished result

      Delete
  9. Awesome paintwork Andrew!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments they are appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...