22 May 2014

An Award, A friendly reminder and thoughts about this blog !

Let me begin with the award, Brendon "The Kiwi" nominated me for this round of the current Liebster awards and I am grateful to have received this once again. However I am going to break with tradition at this point and state that if you scroll to the bottom of my blog there are over 600 blogs in my feeds that I read with regularity and all of them are worth a visit. I follow that many blogs that to narrow it down to 11 blogs is an impossible task.


I also feel that anyone who reads my blog with regularity has enough information to deduce that I have answered any number of questions relating to my hobby/ work time that I would simply be repeating myself and boring you all to death.

Far better that I give you all a gentle reminder for anyone who wants to take part in my Birthday Blog Prize Draw featured in THIS post, time is fast running out with only 10 days left to enter and only a handful of entries have been received so you stand a very good chance of winning if you send an entry in.


Now as you all know my health took a turn for the worst last year. Things have become stable since I started following the wife's and doctors orders and in truth I am grateful my stubbornness and resistance was broken down. My mental state will be a much longer battle, one I may never beat fully but am getting better at controlling it. As a result I have had to make many changes and these have proved to be very successful for me, always a bonus when something goes right!

The biggest Impact has been on this blog. Partly due to the new business and the blog for Brigantes Studio, as the finished miniatures are put on display there, except the regular features for Warbases which will always be presented here. I have a big workload at present of which I am grateful and happy to have, so this is impacting a touch on personal projects and gaming. I hope to have a plan in place soon and resume my regular routine with the blog going forwards.




34 comments:

  1. Well done Loki, and well done on real-life too! Great to hear that you've got your own personal longship back on course. Sail strongly into the wind! Cheers, Paul :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like good news all round to me Andrew, well deserved too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed Fran, things are looking a lot better and Thank you

      Delete
  3. I think I've said this before, but your wife is brilliant. She is a keeper for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is a woman of great fortitude and is a keeper for sure

      Delete
  4. Too paraphrase Kevin Costner, if you write it, they will read it. Don't sweat the blog mate.

    Better news on the health front though eh? Keep it up. :O)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Gary, The blog will get sorted soon without any sweat hopefully

      Delete
  5. Glad to hear your health is better. That and getting work is much more important than the blog, however much we enjoy it: post when you can, and don't worry when you can't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Edwin, I do intend to get the blog back on form once I am a bit more organised and settled into a routine

      Delete
  6. I am more worried that you didn't follow your wife's orders, brave man.

    Every day just get better :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have been in serious trouble had I not and in fact thanks to her and the changes she imposed I am much better health wise

      Delete
  7. Keep up the good work mate! Great news to hear you're getting back on track.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When it comes to blogging do what I do. I will never post regularly as my life won't permit it, so I post when I can. People have gotten used to my non-routine routine and they'll do the same with you.

    Glad to hear you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne, I like to have things in clear routines keeps the mind focussed, its not good when it wanders to far! Though everything is much better now

      Delete
  9. Pleased to hear that your health status has improved and now stabilized. Great news, indeed! Without good health, everything else is much more difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Onwards and upwards Andrew.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  11. Andrew, you are on a roll in 2014! Warbases, Brigantes Studio and lets not forget winning the painting contest. Keep up the great work, and ENJOY your successes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Monty, yes If I look back it has been a very good start

      Delete
  12. Hi Andrew,

    I'm very pleased to hear such good news concerning your health. Improving your physical state is a good start and I whish you equivalent success with all other maladies.
    Don't bother too much about your blog. It's still a treasure chest of nicely excellent miniatures, informative articles and constant update. As for me I'll keep visting it whatever adjustments you make...

    All the best
    Stefan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stefan, with my health improved the other problems are easier to tackle. The blog will roll on with the occasional drift when life is busy

      Delete
  13. Glad to read that things are on the up Andrew!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Compliments Andew ,well deserved .
    Cheers .
    Vincent

    ReplyDelete
  15. Replies
    1. As long as my Health and head stay good I am sure I will manage some degree of posting

      Delete
  16. One of the good things I have noted about the blogoshere is how supportive we can all be. Like your self "I am a Mental health Survivor"!! So I know (to some extent) what you go through on a day to day basis. Take care, look after yourself and if you need someone to moan about life to drop me a line.

    All the best Clint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed Clint, the blogosphere is excellent in that regard and I may take you up on that kind offer if the need arises

      Delete
    2. You would be more than welcome. Either Emails or Phone calls. I am only a call away.

      Delete
  17. Congrats on the award Andrew and good to hear your feeling better.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments they are appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...