20 April 2014

Weekly round up - 20/4/2014

First up I have a couple of new crew members to welcome aboard this week, Springinsfeld and Paul Waechter row hard and enjoy your visits to the Great Hall.

Well I have had a cracking week in the Great Hall, its been busy but very rewarding in its own way. I started the week by nursing my poor old feet back to life after Salute, as I get older I am finding it takes a good couple of days to recover from this event.

I returned laden with lead for friends as prizes were dropped off at the stand for me to bring back. Sadly none for me though. I have however picked my prize for winning the Analogue hobbies winter challenge and have had confirmation that it is winging its way to me as I type.

A lot of work went into getting my new venture with Kevin up and running, and a fair amount of time this week went into the finishing touches. We needed to make everything as easy as possible on the eyes and also to finalise exactly how we were going to do things. Once we had achieved that we went live on Friday with the new blog and commission painting service.

The rest of the week has been spent with brushes in hand finishing some rather nice pirates, which got based up this morning. If you click the image below it will take you to the new blog and all the completed pirates.



I have also negotiated with Martin and Diane at Warbases this week, to be able to continue the Warbases Wednesday feature that I have been bringing to you recently on a permanent basis. I am pleased to say they have been very happy with the work I have done so far. An agreement has been reached to continue this for the foreseeable future. I already have another couple of news items already lined up for the coming weeks ahead. I do hope you find these interesting reading and of course useful.

I still have not completed the Saxons though and the two remaining blisters will be continued with at the beginning of next week, as will another unit of French FIW figures that I have to finish another small private commission.

Thats just about sums the week up for me, I hope you all have a good week ahead.
Loki

11 comments:

  1. I wish you a good week, with a lot of painting work in your new adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a good week too Andrew! The pirates do look very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pirates. They really do look the part.

    Cheers, Ross

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seem to be having the same problem with finishing off Saxons, lol. Good luck with Brigantes Studios and if you need flags done you know where to come, lol, and I am looking forward to seeing more of Warbases Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful pirates and again best of luck for your new venture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nicely done pirates. Shall look forward to reading your warbases posts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hola
    Bien esos piratas
    Que tengáis todos buena semana y buenos pinceles
    un saludo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those Pirates look cool. I'm also looking forward to your Warbase updates

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent work and good news about the Warbases Wednesday!

    Cheers
    Stefan

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do like the Pirates. Have also joined your new blog and tomorrow is "Warbase Wednesday!" Yippee!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments they are appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...