8 April 2014

Wargames Foundry Saxons work in progress 1

Just a quick update on painting progress so far this week. I made a start on the double handed axe blister yesterday that I had cleaned up at the weekend and have made steady progress with these. I just have a few bits to work and then finishing touches to complete before varnishing and basing. They form part of an on going commission which will conclude, once I complete the 6 packs I have been sent recently.


Getting the figures to this stage, has meant that I have been able to prepare and mount the next blister which is the Saxon Thegn warriors. I like to get the next units prepared in good time, in order to start another unit as soon as the previous one is completed. I find it much easier to work Dark Age figures in smaller batches like this.


My intention is to get at least 3 packs completed this week before I stop work for the week and prepare for the trip to Salute.

21 comments:

  1. Very nice so far, fierce looking men!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look interesting... I hate painting medieval types!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good so far! Can't beat the Dark Ages.

    Cheers, Ross

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too like to paint in small batches, nice work Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great start there Loki and I have to say I too like painting in small groups too

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking very good Andrew.

    I do like to work in batches too. Great minds paint alike!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Small batch painting is about all I have time for - which is why SAGA suits my needs!

    The axe-wielding chappies are looking great so far, but then again, how could it be otherwise? Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. +1 for unit batches - I think it makes it more motivating to finish sub units, and helps me ensure that I don't end up doing silly with the colours that will be next to one eachother.

    Have fun at Salute you lucky bugger!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you've got a good plan in motion. Have fun at the Salute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking great and I have a similar system here although operating at a much slower pace.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah small batch painting. Usually how I paint as well. Nice looking figures.
    Have fun at Salute.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice stuff mate. Foundry are a joy to paint huh? Wish I was joining you at Salute. Have a great time...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looking very good so far, Andrew.
    Probably the best Saxons on the market and a properly excellent paintjob.

    Cheers
    Stefan

    ReplyDelete
  14. They make such nice figures. Well painted Andrew!

    Have a grand time at Salute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very nice so far Andrew. There is a lot to be said for painting in small groups! Enjoy Salute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very nice pianting work with those figures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you everyone, I hope to see some of you on Saturday

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments they are appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...