30 April 2014

Warbases Wednesday #9 - 15mm Fence Pack

This weeks edition is quite pleasing for me personally as this is a product that I designed a few years ago now and would not allow this to be produced for the general public in kit form, whilst I was operating my terrain business for obvious reasons.

However due to my health I was unable to continue with large scale terrain making. I had several products that Martin and Diane held designs for as they were my sole suppliers. So when it came to making some decisions about the way forward how better to allow the to be produced as a kit.

Now while these they may not be supplied as the finished article, they are not that difficult to paint up and finish for yourself and they work really well on the table top.

So I present the 15mm Post and Rail Fence Pack:

There is a lot in this pack with 130cm of straight sections and over 60cm of corners and special pieces. This accurately laser cut fencing with bases costs £15.00 for everything shown in the above image.

Here are some close ups of some sections that I have built and finished for the table top.
This is one of the 50mm straight sections there are 6 of these in the pack.
This is the gate section very well designed and with minimal work needed to get it looking like this.
There are 4 of these 100mm long straights
You get two of these 200mm long straights
4 of these corners which do need a small amount of assembly work as the sides are in two separate lengths.


The pack is completed with one of each of the Cross, Tee and gap section pieces.

However what you really need to see is do they look right against 15mm figures:

Some of my own good old boy's from the deep south proudly standing behind a 100mm straight section for you all to judge for yourselves. The figures are from the ACW range of Peter pig miniatures.

That good people wraps up this weeks edition, I will be back again similar time, same day next week with the next instalment.

Regards
Andrew

32 comments:

  1. Very nice too, will there be a version for the larger scales?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the designs for 25/28mm versions as yet not released the rights, this will happen in the near future

      Delete
  2. Very cool fences. Well done!
    And by the way I second Michael's question. ;-)

    Cheers
    Stefan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sir shall refer you to Michaels answer ;)

      Delete
  3. I understand about health getting in our way.

    Looks good what you did though. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I try not to let it get the better of me but it is very limiting

      Delete
    2. That's how I feel too. And on the days that nothing hurts and that I can move well, I just thankful and happy to have a good productive day.

      Delete
  4. You did a splendid job designing these Andrew. The price point on this pack is a fair one I think. I'm betting a lot of people would like to see these in larger scale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne, these have always been one of my popular products so I hope they go well for warbases. I have the designs for larger scale still

      Delete
  5. That's quite a big compliment, having something you designed brought to production. Personally I think these are really just the job. I can see myself getting a pack. While not overly keen on the Junctions I find separate pieces more versatile. Minor quibble and easily rectified. Excellent product.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Junctions are like marmite you love em or hate em, I find them useful on occasion for multiple field systems

      Delete
  6. They are blooming brilliant mate and looking stunning. Are there plans for up scaling them to 28mm as I know a few chaps would like them for their English fields dont you know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Old Boy just so happens I still retain the design for the larger scale version but will release soon

      Delete
    2. Old Bean you have just made this chap very happy, now do you have, unfold a neatly folded list.......

      Delete
  7. Very bloody useful piece of kit and looks very well designed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great Fran we use a lot in our ACW games

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. 28mm scale would be so wrong for the 15mm minis though ;)

      Delete
  9. I can see these being a hit for sure

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were popular when I used to retail them

      Delete
  10. This fencing scheme is essential for AWI?ACW games and other periods too. They're a great idea. Larger scale ought to do a bomb.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These fences look pretty good indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We use these for our 15mm games and I can highly recommend them.
    They look great on the table, they are easy to construct and paint.
    Priced, so you can have loads in your American era battles.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty awesome looking fences!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now you just have to decide which side of the fence you're on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will stay neutral and simply rest upon the rails ;)

      Delete

Please leave your comments they are appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...