16 April 2014

Warbases Wednesday #7 - Salute 2014

My mission for the day was quite simple to compile some images throughout the day of the stand and present them to you today!

So that would be a fail then..... as far as documenting the day in pictures went anyway.


The doors opened and from the outset it got busy hence not being able too get away to take pictures.
For most of the day... well in fact the whole day was a very busy one from start to finish.
At times we had people 3 deep jockeying to purchase goods, and that is not a complaint at all as that level of interest is good for business. This meant that none of us would have any real time to go and visit other traders or the wonderful games that were being put on.

My thanks to Ray "The Badger" Rousell for a couple of extra pictures of us trying to cope with the customers. We just about held it together for the day.



Martin, Diane, Glenn and everyone else involved with the company have asked me to thank you all for your continued support of their products and making the trip to Salute so worthwhile. The new range of figures had Martin sweating at the start of the day as he has invested heavily in this new direction and wondered how they would be received by the wider community. I think he can be pleased with the reception the range got as several items sold out within a couple of hours and we were continually topping the racks up as fast as we could. I am aware many of you wanted chickens on the day and left disappointed as these were the first to sell out. Well that is now not a problem as the entire range of animals is now available to purchase directly on the Warbase's website HERE.

I did have some time throughout the day to catch 5 minutes with many fellow bloggers and as always it is great to catch up with you all and have a natter. Although I must give special mention to Clint who gave me some home made fudge that I took home and shared with the boys it was bloody marvellous!!!!

I also had a good boost to my confidence and abilities as a painter, and took heart from the great comments that I received of the display animals, I recently completed. Answering many questions on the techniques used and being told they looked very realistic. There are more animals in the pipeline some of which I have bought back already to the great hall for a spruce up. So stay tuned for those in an upcoming edition.

Overall the day was a very good one and stocks were heavily depleted, which is a bonus when trying to load the van at the end of a tiring day as everything is a lot easier to lift when its only half full !!!

So that just leaves me to Thank you all for reading and your continued support of Warbases Wednesday.

Andrew




39 comments:

  1. Nice one Andy, I got me some chickens!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to read it was a successful day for yourself, and Warbases :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salute is a special day though a hard one

      Delete
  3. Glad to see they went well. It's always a worry when it's your money that's been invested in what you hope to be a positive move.

    Glad it looks to be the case

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear that it was a successful day.

    I'm not surprised to hear that the animals were a success and you received comments on the painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Edwin, I am highly critical of my abilities with a brush

      Delete
  5. Well done! It's great when hard work is rewarded with success.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear that Warbases had a successful day. It's also good news that people appreciated your painting of the animals :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to have had a chat with you again Tamsin always a pleasure

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the comment. And you are more than welcome. Glad you had a good day and I'll get my chickens later......I don't need any at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really wish we had something like this down here...

    I'll just have to console myself with a couple of packs of those Highland cattle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just the tonic those Highland cattle are marvellous sculpts

      Delete
  9. Glad you had a good day, I know what its like at WMMS I intended to take photo's of allsorts and didn't take any in the end lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have to agree, so busy serving that it was hard to get away

      Delete
  10. Painted my bloodhound today. It is a fine thing indeed. I didn't click at the time when I bought it, or i would of said hello, but the guy who took my cash had an "Andrew" badge on. I guess that was actually you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep that would have been me :) There will always be another occasion to say Hi John

      Delete
  11. Good to hear business was booming at salute for Warbases.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a very busy and rewarding show to be at

      Delete
  12. That's wonderful news for Warbases. It must be scary putting capital into a new product and not knowing if you'll get your investment back in sales.

    And truly, you should always be confident with your ability as a painter. You are well respected by the historical gaming community as a painter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne for the kind words, I am beginning to accept my abilities are reasonable.

      Delete
  13. glad to hear you had a successful day

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was absolutely delighted to be able to catch up again Andrew - always a pleasure. I was thrilled to see how buoyant you were and enthusiastic about all you were doing, bravo Sir. It sounds that bagging a couple of packs of chickens early on was a shrewd move! Now we need some ducks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to pop by Michael as you say a pleasure. As for ducks watch this space and coming to a blog near you very soon be ducks!!!!!

      Delete
  15. That review sounds very positiv for you and Warbases. I'm glad to hear such good news from you!

    And for the animals:
    I'm relly looking forward to Crisis to meet Martin and Diane there and have a look at your animals in person.

    Cheers
    Stefan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stefan, They will be at Crisis for you to pass judgement my friend

      Delete
  16. Sounds like a great day for business anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good to hear you and the folks from warbases were doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I luckily snaffled some chickens early on. It was very busy which can only be a good thing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the early birds got them all, but better to sell out than have lots of stock on hand

      Delete
  19. I'm glad the day went well. Surely you should have known there would be a run on chickens Every game table needs some chickens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats the thing, although we thought they would be popular and cast far more packs of those than any others we still ran out early. But that is because we have nothing to gauge the demand on at present, over time we will have a better idea

      Delete
  20. Good man, glad all went well for you and the warbases team. A great outfit!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments they are appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...