5 March 2014

Warbases Wednesday #1

Welcome to the first post in the new Warbases feature posts here in the Great Hall.

For a small company Warbases is continually working to deliver high quality products at affordable prices and over the winter Martin has been very busy designing some great new products to expand his existing ranges. Whilst Diane has been adding a raft of new products and updates to the website. I am fortunate in that I have worked with Martin on several projects whilst running my own small business, so have built up a working relationship and have a good understanding of how it all works.

However I take nothing for granted and am privileged to be given the ability of showcasing products for them using my blog as a platform.

So I will begin with a rather important announcement. Can you all update your email accounts if you have not already done so for Warbases and ensure you are using warbases at gmail dot com and delete warbases at sky dot com so they can continue to provide good customer service.


The figures will be showcased on this blog once I have them painted up or at least some of them.

The remainder of the post is about the forth coming release at Salute 2014 of a Pegasus bridge model. Now I have to say this is one big model and it has an added bonus of a fully working cantilever operation as well. That's right the cantilever action is fully functional.

Pegasus Bridge
Now that's what I call a bridge, well constructed from MDF to the same high quality that Martin insists upon for every product in his stable. There will be a comprehensive instruction booklet to aid assembly of this feature piece of terrain to assist you in the build process.

I know I can hear you shouting but how much is it? well in truth the final price has not been deduced as of this moment. Two other buildings are going to be released and everything will be available either as a full set which will be at a discounted price or as individual items so until such a time as the prices for all the components are costed I am unable to answer the question. Though my insider information tells me that a ball park figure for the bridge will be around £80.00.

Now those all important dimensions for this supersized kit!
Total length = 660mm
Total width = 207mm
Total height = 127mm
Bridge span = 325mm

Thats all for this edition of Warbases Wednesday if you have any questions I will do my best to answer them.

Regards
Loki




25 comments:

  1. Holy crap that is large! Looks pretty darn amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christ on a crutch! That is huuuuge. And you know what they say about size. When it comes to gaming, it matters :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait, they are releasing Highland Cattle the same week that TFL are releasing the Raiders book for Dux Britanniarum?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There will be Highland cattle and you will see them on this blog shortly

      Delete
  4. Looking forward to see their stuff when painted up by you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It needs to include Cafe Gondree to make a proper set But it looks damn fine..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The full set does include the Cafe and another building Dave

      Delete
  6. Awesome. The bridge is going to look amazing on future games tables.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having seen it Brendon it will make an impact

      Delete
  7. While I have no use for that bridge at present I am interested in their figure releases. Oh dear Salute may be expensive.(Well more expensive, it's not what I would call a cheap day out anyway!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its never a cheap day out, costs me over £100 just to make the trip but its worth it

      Delete
  8. Excellent news all round, but I am particularly excited by the new figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure they will fit in with some of your excellent works Michael

      Delete
  9. So many great products. These are the golden days of gaming!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wonder how it would look with 20mm figures... hm...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will sit rather nicely with 20mm figures as it has been designed with both scales in mind

      Delete
    2. That's good news :-)
      Or bad news for my wallet...

      Delete

Please leave your comments they are appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...