30 March 2014

Climbing back into the saddle

I have had a break from all things blog and painting related save for my commitments to Warbases these last couple of weeks. I had a few things to square away around the home and generally get caught up with other matters. I apologise if I haven't commented on your blogs, I have been reading them to keep up with things and will return to normal next week as I continue in my usual fashion.

I have found that whilst having complete focus on the challenge worked for that. It caused chaos elsewhere as normal routines were not followed and things did not get done. Even worse was the discovery that 4 parcels I had given to my step daughter to post had got no further than the boot of her car for the last don't know how many weeks. (Which has taught me a valuable lesson)  So I have had to rectify several things this past week to get back on track.

My first job next week is to complete this unit of French for my client. They should not take too long and will be the final element of a sizable force that I painted during the challenge.

I have done a little bit of painting in the last couple of weeks and have started the first battalion of British for the Peninsular force I will build this year. The figures are a mix of Perry and Victrix plastic with some metal thrown in for good measure.

I made a start on my Koryu Buntai as well, though I am in no rush to finish these at the moment as they are going to be sold off when completed.

Gaming has been good though I am unable to blog about it currently as myself and Kevin have been play testing a game for the new Pike and Shotte supplement a friend is compiling. I of course am also preparing myself for Salute and look forward to reacquainting myself with some fellow bloggers during the day.

Regards
Loki





31 comments:

  1. Love the cloth decoration on the Japanese figures. Lovely color selections as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I have tried something a bit different with these and so far it appears to be working

      Delete
  2. I can relate to this post. Things have a way of unbalancing and then it feels great when we get that back. Which, I am sure you will.

    Cheers and boogie boogie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always good to have the rebalancing, thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  3. I say those Samurai look lovely mate they are rather nice. Enjoy the playtesting, its not for Charles is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't tell you who its for PK ;) or I would have to kill you :D

      Delete
    2. I dont want to die then, lol

      Delete
  4. Good work and progress and should see you at Salute old boy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to catching up again fella!!

      Delete
  5. Nice progress on the Peninsular forces and those Japanese look excellent!

    Thank ever so much for the LOTR Ruins they arrived yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad they arrived Simon. Yes Peninsular Brits I must be mad

      Delete
  6. Look forward to seeing more of those Penninsular troops

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They will feature throughout the year Neil

      Delete
  7. Good to see you back at the helm Sir!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael, thought I had had long enough being idle.

      Delete
  8. Your client should be well pleased with those.

    I'm doing plenty of painting and going in a completely new direction. I just couldn't be bothered to blog anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you put some bits on Facebook every now and again Anne then as I enjoy your work.

      Delete
  9. What a great mix on the tabletop! Winning the top spot has not slowed you down at all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shame the break didn't involve sitting with your feet up. Still, salute to loo forward to and a pretty clear and organised painting desk - who could ask for anything more?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to try the same approach through the year as I took on the challenge but at a more sedentary pace

      Delete
  11. I'm guessing Napoleon was in one of those packages? I was starting to worry about the poor chap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I believe he was Buddy, I could not be too mad apparently babies addle the brain cells

      Delete
  12. Glad "normal" is returning for you! For a moment I feared your blistering pace of the challenge had broken another Old Guard! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Almost David, I just needed a bit of a break

      Delete
  13. Good to hear you are getting back to the normal grind. I also hope to see you at Salute.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Like the look of the Peninsular British!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rodger, I am not as proficient with British as I am with the French though

      Delete
  15. I like those Japanese textiles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ev, I am hoping for a touch of authenticity without going OTT

      Delete

Please leave your comments they are appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...