17 March 2014

Challenge Day 93 - Final bonus round

I am not going to do much of a ramble about my entry into the last bonus theme as to be honest it is not what I had planned and ended up being a fraction of what I intended. but none the less it is going to count for 50 bonus points.
King Leonidas
Originally intended to be part of a larger scene, giving thanks to the Gods before going off to battle. Flanked by his body guards but alas time and circumstances conspired against me.

Well to be honest a complete lack of focus is more the case, as I had planned this originally but changed my mind started something more complicated before realising I was in danger of not making a submission at all.

Any way I digress there are some truly inspirational pieces and at least one excellent but down right insane one as well to feast your eyes upon HERE

21 comments:

  1. He looks great but from my point of view he should better put on his tunic... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, looks in fine fettle...beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! Pretty brave to go to battle without at least some clothing :) At least personally I'd be slightly worried for my nuts with sharp objects being swung around me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the weather keeps warm for this lad then!...

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Eat a hearty breakfast men, for tonight we dine in... yes, Demophilus, what IS it?"

    *whisperwhisperwhisper*

    "(sotto voce) Oh. OK. (shouts) Eat a hearty breakfast men AND PUT YOUR PANTS ON, for tonight we dine in Hell! Apparently there's a dress code or something."
    ; )

    Excellent work there, Andrew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Great painting Andrew. Pants or no, King Leonidas rocks!

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I didn't say anything scandalous, I'd never delete that. It was a typo.

      It's about bloody time someone posted some hot man flesh for me. Every time I hear the name King Leonidas I think of Gerard Butler and every time I think of Gerard Butler.....well time for me to go spend some quality time alone in the bath tub :)

      Delete
  7. The Hot Gates perhaps made him go commando?
    Might have been different if it was the Cold Gates perhaps.

    Some great entry in that Bonus Round. Three had the same figure in it which was interesting
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep, that's Spartans for you. :) Nice brushwork - even on the delicate parts :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done, but he better keep the shield down in the line or he's liable to lose something.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very fine work, Andrew. He'll do very well, either at Thermopylae or at a certain darling little bar in Berlin.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like him, especially the reverse of the shield.

    Are you going to let on which is downright insane? I think I know which one you mean and it ain't mine thankfully ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great work! Though I wonder if he thinks he's having a bad dream ... ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments they are appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...