A busy week in the Hall this week, mainly basing troops that had been painted and put to onside for finishing whilst I continued to paint more figures.
However I did managed to grind through the painters block and finish the Nubian army. I really had no idea how big this project was going to be as I had only seen the numbers on paper - yes I even have spreadsheets to refer too when building the armies and to help co ordinate me on the painting front.
When I took the photographs outside on a 6ft x 4ft table it became apparent that it was big in fact very big.
The entire army which takes up a fair bit of table space. Built to play Hail Caesar and is a 500 point force.
This is the first division which contains :- A divisional General (3 figs) or Army commander (5 figs), 2 skirmish units (16 figs), 3 Warbands of light infantry (48 figs) and two units of royal guards (16 figs).
This is the second division which contains :- A divisional general (3 figs), 2 skirmish units (16 figs), 4 warbands of light infantry (64 figs) and on the right are 4 optional command stands to change warbands to standard units (8 figs).
The third division consists of :- A divisional command (3 figs), 2 skirmish units (16 figs) and 3 light infantry warbands (48 figs).
The fourth division is composed exactly the same as the third.
I was really pleased with the use of the plastic figures for this project as it did keep the costs of the build down. I also learnt a lot about painting on modern plastics which I shall share in another post. In total there are 313 figures for the entire force. All of which were received on Christmas day as a present from my boys and painted during this years winter challenge accounting for a fair proportion of my points total. The units are composed of Hat figures except the two units of Royal guard which are from Caesar. Some of the Hat figures had to undergo some conversion work as there were not enough spear men in the boxes to work correctly for Hail Caesar's requirements but the conversion was fairly straight forward and in the main involved cutting away clubs and melee weapons and replacing with pins.
The basing was all done to represent fertile but rocky ground and hopefully sets the figures off correctly.
Anyway that's enough of my waffle for today. I hope you enjoyed seeing these as much as I did painting them (except the last couple of units anyway).