8 March 2014

Challenge Day 84 - Paint table Saturday #18 a BBW for me !

Yes I have a Big Basing Weekend ahead of me!

I have been steadily painting units of figures and stock piling them over the last couple of weeks and have reached a point where I need to clear the decks and make space for more figures to be painted.

So this weekend will see me spend a few hours toiling over the basing of several units, of course this does have the benefit of being another significant haul of points for this years challenge, especially as we are fast approaching its conclusion.

Any other time I have will be put to good use on the final bonus round entry as I have completely changed my mind on what I am doing as of Thursday evening and am going to the wire with them now.

I also have a whole load of figures to paint for the new Warbases range of miniatures as well in the next few weeks. However a spanner has been placed in the works as SWMBO has decided that I am also going to completely redecorate our kitchen this weekend a she had grown tired of the colour scheme and wants a change. I dare not mention the challenge is in the final stages and I need to build up more points as I am likely to find my head severed from my torso!! I am also acutely aware that without her patience over these last three months I would not have been able to participate as much as I have done so of course I will oblige after all its only a small kitchen thankfully.

18 comments:

  1. Crikey, that's a lot of basing to be done - I don't know if I could even contemplate basing all those multi-figure bases. Thankfully all my models are based individually, so I nearly always get the bases painted before the figure's done.

    And it's always best to remember which side your bread's buttered ;) and obey SWMBO. It's better than being in the dog house, any day of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain......I'm doing the bloody same, I booked 2 weeks off work, thought I might get a little painting and gaming done. Then the Mrs decides we need a new kitchen,. So while the Rejects are out in the shed playing a Vietnam game I'm stuck in the kitchen, pulling tiles and cupboards off the wall.......groan!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS I'm on a tea break, hence the comment!

      Delete
    2. You just need to work out the payback...

      Delete
  3. Hola
    Buena mesa te as preparado para este Sábado
    Atento al final
    un saludo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! The wrong sort of painting! All that basing in one go will need some concentration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well now it looks like your getting ready to unload a lot of points Andrew!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seems like you have the whole weekend booked:)

    Good luck with the basing work.

    Best regards Michael

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...That's a large amount of work for this weekend. But you'll be rewarded with a bunch of points for the challenge.

    Good Luck !
    Stefan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you've got almost as much basing to do as I had with those buccaneers a couple of weeks back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah but just think of the satisfaction when it is done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's must be the time of year...I getting the same noises.... Have a great weekend decorating...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Smart man! Years of marriage have taught you well.

    There is something in the air with this long winter. After I sold off some troops, my wife told me she wants a new couch. I said not unless it folds out into a 8 x 6 gaming table. I'm not so smart as you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just think of all the "brownie" points you will accrue. Got to be worth it in the long run.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Blimey. Another mammoth entry in the making. Keep it up mate, you're looking increasingly like a winner...

    ReplyDelete
  14. How do you find the time, let alone the energy? This is amazing stuff mate, but don't let it become a chore!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Heading into these last 11 days I imagine there is a frantic load of painting going on by you boys at the top of the board. Now which one of you has done the most sandbagging? Only time will tell.

    Best wishes on getting the kitchen done!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am really interested in those Warbase figures and cant wait to see them. Good luck with the kitchen mate and the basing to.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments they are appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...