2 March 2014

Challenge Day 78 - Weekly round up 2/3/2014 , casualty bonus and other news.

This week the Great hall has seen a flurry of activity on the painting desk but no further submissions to the challenge, as I was aware Curt had been flooded with entries in the run up to the casualty bonus round so offered to hold my figure back for a bit so he could catch up.

This weeks bonus entry for me went almost to the wire, I wanted a certain look for them which I eventually achieved but then I could not get good enough pictures of the whole lot as I had envisaged in my mind due to lack of any decent daylight and the fact I had other commitments that meant I had no further opportunity to take any. Not to worry though as at least they are completed and submitted.

My last bonus round submission was a berserker finishing off a wounded enemy.



These were a couple of spare figures from an earlier project, the berserker is a Foundry figure whilst the casualty is from Gripping beast. I added an arrow to the victims side with a small pin and some milliput and put a simple discarded shield on the base for effect.

Yesterday saw me attend the Hammerhead show at its new venue in the Newark showground. in my part time role of general helper with Warbases. The new venue is much better than the darkness of Kelham hall where it has been held previously. A big bonus is it is much easier to get too as well. There were many traders in attendance and plenty of participation games for those coming to the event to actively get their teeth into. The new venue is very bright and well laid out and has lots of free parking which is always a bonus.

Right now onto some exciting news or at least I think so!!

I have been asked to showcase on this very blog most of the new products that Warbases will be selling in the very near future and am delighted to have been asked to do this for them. Martin and Diane have built this small business from the ground up and after several years it is time for them to expand. There will be several new releases that will debut at Salute 2014. There is a rather marvellous Pegasus Bridge coming with fully working cantilever action as well as two other important features, and a new range of miniatures (I have the honour of being the first to paint them) all these items will be featured in the coming weeks on these pages. The range of miniatures will continue to expand throughout the coming year and there are many planned additions to the ranges. I hope to maintain a regular presence on the blog going forward for the wonderful range of products this company produces.

That only leaves me to sum up the challenge so far, I am currently maintaining my lead with a total of 3031 points to date. Though there was some rather sad news that Kent who I can guarantee would have been snapping right at my heels to the very last minute of the challenge, has had to withdraw due too a serious back Injury.  Kent I wish you a very speedy recovery and hope to do battle with the brushes another time but your health is far more important. So I will continue at pace right to the very end to see just how high I can get my final tally.






34 comments:

  1. Excellent news. I love your painting and I love the Warbases products. A match made in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work on the beserker base old boy and glad Warbases and yourself are on the up and up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Should give the old blog some decent content

      Delete
  3. Good news and great looking vignette!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am interested in what Warbases will be making in the future and shall watch with interest.

    A very strong casualty entry as well. I look forward to the next entry Favourite character with much anticipation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a no brainer casualty entry from me Clint, very simple in reality

      Delete
  5. Nice brushwork on these; it must've been unnerving to see a naked, bearded and crazed fellow with a large axe to grind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep have to agree not a sight you see every day

      Delete
  6. Huzzah !.. A great entry Loki. Looking forward to the Warbase showcases. It's bad news for Kent, it would have kept the pressure on. Likewise I shall be keeping on the brushes for a bit.. To keep you on your toes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep on them brushes Dave, I have been filling sand bags for weeks now :)

      Delete
  7. Looking forward to seeing what Warbases will be showing figure wise.

    Saw the Peg Bridge, that looked very cool

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The figures are being painted as we speak!

      Pegasus bridge review will be along shortly

      Delete
  8. 'Twas a nice entry Andrew!

    Congratulations to you on showcasing for Warbases!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne it is always nice to help friends when you can

      Delete
  9. Hola
    Buenas esas minis si señor
    un saludo

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a great looking entry. I'm also looking forward to seeing the Warbase products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am starting them this week so stay tuned

      Delete
  11. looking forward to seeing what Martin, Diane and you have come up with!!!!!! Loved the Berserker stand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just a small cog in the wheel Ray in reality. The berserker will be up for grabs at a giveaway soon

      Delete
  12. Nice work on the vignette Andrew and really look forward to your collaborations with Warbases.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice vignette and red hot brushwork.

    Nice to see WB are on the up and up. The only firm with the common sense to size their polygonic bases AF - and very fast delivery!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice berserker and victim of the war.
    Cheers and looking forward to more Warbases news.
    chers

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great looking mini diorama! Can't wait to see the new Warbases products. I've been using their bases and casualty markers a lot. More buildings and terrain will be a welcome addition

    ReplyDelete
  16. exellent looking berserker diorama !

    Best regards Michael

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments they are appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...