14 March 2014

A new broom sweeps clean.

Spring is in the air and the Winter challenge is drawing to a close after a busy 3 months. So what better a time than now to give the Great hall a thorough clean and a bit of a make over.

So once again I sorted a new header for the blog and set about making some changes to the layout. I hope most of you approve and find it a bit easier to read now.

Sometimes you just know when too tidy up one quick glance around what is normally a spick and space workspace and it becomes obvious, action is needed. I have a bin that is full and I have started to pile things on the floor.

Junk mail scattered all over where I have opened the mail to discover more free printed crap I didn't ask for and just cast it to one side in order to continue painting.

Thor's bed is in a right old mess and so he rarely ventures in here now. Even the windowsill is complaining about the random items it now bears.

So today it has had a proper clean up and I am pleased to say order has been restored. Which did allow me a little time at the end of the day to try and give my Lukka pirates a different look to the other Sea people units I will be using.

It is highly unlikely these chaps will make it into the challenge at all as these are just test figures and there are 48 of them in total to paint. However I am content with my score thus far and still have some units left to submit next week. I also intend to have a relaxed weekend this week and have promised myself to stay away from the brushes.

Loki

23 comments:

  1. Indeed ' I am with you here... It's gonna be a big clean up coming...I think your position is secure apart from a Raymondo sandbagging of course

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dont think even his budgie smugglers are that big :D, especially as I havent finished submitting yet!

      Delete
  2. Your shields already look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, they are a bit fiddly on 20mm figures as I am finding out

      Delete
  3. I need the same buddy.
    Although Charlie blitzed my room a couple of weeks ago after I had sort out.
    It needs on again after my basing marathon..
    My blog is ready for a complete overhaul asI will be returning to commission work again very shortly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Kev that reminds me I need to put that page back up

      Delete
  4. I'm planning a big reorganisation of my workbench after the Challenge, so the tidy-up will wait until then.

    As for your "some units left to submit", I'm sure they'll take you over 4000 points :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could use the workbench just had issues getting to it ;)

      as to points hmmm!! not added them all up to be honest but expect your will be right

      Delete
  5. Love the new header! Bet that brush gets picked up this weekend??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im certain it wont due to SWMBO firmly saying no deal

      Delete
  6. 48 TEST FIGURES??

    2efcof;'pp88;po9;t7i9;p68lsd n

    ...Sorry, that was just me falling face-first into my keyboard. I'm alright now. I think.

    You're clearly leading the Challenge for a reason! But how much stuff is relegated to the 'test' category and is never seen by your followers? Is it like an iceberg, where we only see the top 10%?
    ; )

    Lovely work on the Lukka, BTW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See i love it when something is misinterpreted there are 3 test figures from a batch of 48 for the unit. I like to paint a couple up first to get a look and feel for the whole unit Ev.
      My followers will see all I like to be up front with most stuff, obviously there are some hidden sandbags but they have appeared on here before.

      Delete
    2. That's a relief, I thought for a second that you were even more of a perfectionist than I had previously thought!
      ; )

      Delete
  7. There's nothing like a good clean out. I'm planning one post-challenge myself. The new header image is AWESOME mate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Millsy, I could not wait to have a clean up I dare say a more thorough one will occur post challenge as well.

      Delete
  8. Really nice header.

    The odd test figure is useful and shows dedication, but 48! Send me a bottle of whatever it is you're drinking . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gary see reply to Ev, I am only testing on three. the others will form the two units when I have done test paints.

      Delete
  9. Hit the connection to your blog and whammy! That's a cool header.
    Looks like lots of us will be having a brush break and will look at our workbenches to tidy them up.
    I am thinking about actually playing some games and future army projects seeing as the challenge helped fill out some of my army's.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice figures and I also like your new page header.

    Tony

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well just sent of my last submission to Curt. (Last stand) . So decided to check out your blog... 3 different headers in as many days!! I like this one the best though. Well done on such a magnificent feat you have accomplished.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sometimes it is better to stop working and clean a bit around the cave...

    Very nice figures!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everyone's hobby space requires a good cleaning occasionally. Yours is looking good. I really like the shields you are painting for your Sea Peoples project. Terrific stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments they are appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...