27 February 2014

Challenge Day - Calling in the reserves!

Stocks were running low at the end of last week and I decided it was time to use some funds to make a few purchases for another Biblical army.

Fortunately for me a lucky find on ebay saw me find 6 boxes of figures that I would need being sold at a very attractive price and at that point I was committed. After all its very hard to pass a bargain off and even more so when it was an intended purchase.


So now I have enough figures to complete a Sea peoples army, I don't intend to get them all done during the challenge at all, they are for me to continue with afterwards as well. I want to spend the coming year getting the whole biblical era project well adavanced and this is the second of 4 armies I have planned for the period. I also spotted another box of Caeser Libyans which I am steadily collecting enough to build an army with.

Loki

16 comments:

  1. Difficult to pass up on a bargain. Looking forward to watching progress on your Biblical project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet nice when a bargain drops buy like that it never seems to happen often enough though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A bargain and needed too, good job Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good one, I do love a good bargain as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You lucky lad, I always end up getting sniped at the last second when a really good bargain fronts up!

    I look forward to seeing the finished army, ready to be trampled beneath Pharaoh's sandals (or will they be doing the trampling...?).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep going to the wire Andrew, let's just see how high you can get your tally!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,
    nice period, you can throw rocks and sticks to all the people you can meet around the Mediterranean sea and the middle east !
    have nice painting sessions with the lybians!

    All the best.

    thefrenchjester " rocks and beards ;-)"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done you lucky bugger! Whenever I find something like that I end up paying the price for living in God's Own Country i.e. silly postage charges from overseas. I'm sure the other Aussies and Kiwis amongst us feel my pain also.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want some of those too - to make forest trolls of them. Not a very historical use. But at the moment they're kind of down on the list.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another interesting project. Looking forward to see this one roll out.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very interesting army, this one. Looking forward!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A bargain is only a bargain if you need it.Therefore I think you have done well I look forward to seeing a Sea peoples army in the near future. I am in no hurry so anytime before March!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hola
    Madre mia que compra ,cuanto trabajo tienes entre manos
    un saludo

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments they are appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...