10 February 2014

Challenge day 58 - A Table Full of Nappies

Okay so it was not a very original title at all, but it is straight to the point.

I had a pretty good weekend with a few hours spent at the paint table, and today it was back to work for me so I decided to carry on with some more Napoleonic troops. I paint Napoleonics in phases and have to be fully in the right frame of mind to sit and paint them or it gets laborious and very unproductive quickly.

However one of my targets for the challenge was to complete my French Napoleonic infantry, this of course got put on hold after a discussion with Kev and my fevered attempts at building a Nubian army which is almost complete and certainly will be before the challenge finishes.

Today started by me putting the finishing touches to a unit of legere that I had been working on at the weekend. They are a bit of a mongrel unit made from spare figures to make up the numbers from Foundry and Perry ranges.

Next to receive attention was a unit of combined grenadiers and I have made good progress on these and they should be completed tomorrow.
As the day drew to a close I resurrected the Baden hussars, I had painted the officer and trumpeter prior to the challenge, but decided to paint the other four horses and made a bit of a start, constructing the riders and getting them prepared for some paint this week hopefully.

I am hoping to knock a dent in the list of Napoleonics that I have to paint, I don't intend to complete them all during the challenge as I have other priorities for my time. but I want to be able to at least have a full brigade of 4 infantry units completed and a couple of units of cavalry to run alongside will be a welcome addition.

That concludes the post for today have a good one folks
Loki

22 comments:

  1. I can already see some nice stuff coming along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha the joy and pain of Nappies..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like the look of Nappy figs. The uniforms scare me though. I'll just admire yours :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good ol' boy!Naps do take along time to paint!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! And you nailed it with "right frame of mind to paint Napoleonics." Now, what is the frame of mind for hussars and all their braids. Crazy?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just be careful with the brown bits on those Nappies ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great stuff. I love 28mm Naps but just don't have the space to play the stupidly large games I enjoy. Looking forward to seeing these complete, especially the Badeners.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice work on these, Andrew. The highlights on the Legere blue look great as does the Hussar musician's red uniform. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  9. Coming along nicely! Too few Naps in the challenge at the moment :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking great Andrew! I'm beginning to get the urge to paint some more Napoleonics now!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So THAT'S why they're called INFANTry!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nicely done, this infantry is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hola
    Mucho trabajo tienes encima de la mesa,y ya pintado mucho y bueno
    A darle a esos pinceles
    un saludo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like a lot of work in those figures.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  15. They look terrific Andrew. I love the shading on the grey coats and blue trousers in the first picture, and the faces look first rate.
    Bravo/
    MP

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very nice infantry figures. Great painting work!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's an impressive looking batch of nappies you have there Sir. Plenty more points for the tally.

    ReplyDelete
  18. When I read the title I thought you were talking about nappy naps. As in, short snoozes.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments they are appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...