4 February 2014

Challenge Day 52 - A-hunting we will go, a-hunting we will go


"Heigh-ho, the derry-o, a-hunting we will go.

A-hunting we will go, a-hunting we will go"


We'll catch a Badger, an nail him to a ladder

an then we'let him go.

Sunday saw the bonus round and for this one I decided to create a replacement for my old profile, and have a bit of fun with Ray.


Since the unfortunate incident of having Old Loki used commercially, he has not quiet held the same appeal for me. I can liken it to finally having worn out a comfy pair of shoes and having to accept they cant be repaired. So I was pleased when I spotted this figure in the Northstar Celtic Legends box set. I could see some great potential and set about making him a touch different.

I flattened the snout on the original foxes head with a deft cut from the scalpel and shortened the ears a little then resculpted to create a Badger sporran!!! Those who read this blog regularly will know that myself and Ray "The Badger" Rousell have since Blog con thrown a little banter back and forth, its what mates do. So I took this opportunity to immortalise Ray on the sporran fitting of such a character.

One thing I do like to play around with are checks and Tartans and this gave me ample opportunity to get creative with the colours and patterns. I also had another go at gem stones in his arm protectors and the pommel of the sheathed sword.

Now not only is Loki a deity famed for mischief he is also well known as a shape shifter,
so this is Loki "Slayer of Brocks" and was my hero round entry. 
He will now assume the role of my on-line picture profile. I have already started changing things over, and have put a new header up already.

Thanks for stopping by today 
Loki

42 comments:

  1. Great paint Andrew .
    Greetings .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heigh-ho, I salute you, Loki The Brave,
    Loki the New, Loki The Beautiful tartan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work, Andrew! The badger sporran is a touch of genius!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, just occasionally an idea works out well

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Fran even better its feckin dead !!!

      Delete
  5. Great paintjob and a lovely touch with the Badger sporran :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamsin, it just had to be done really

      Delete
  6. I am both honoured and touched that you'd include an image of myself in your latest entry into the challenge, your my hero!!! Or rather I must be yours!!!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be careful admitting in public you were "touched!"

      Delete
    2. Seriously Dave anyone who's ever met Ray knows he's touched or is it tapped never sure there much difference really :D

      Delete
  7. He's really a fitting incarnation of Loki.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that, I did have a bit of fun

      Delete
  8. Cracking work and a bit of inspired conversion...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent painting and conversion, and a great replacement for your header!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monty he does look suitably younger and far more heroic

      Delete
  10. This is a great piece of work! Good job.

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful brush work! The badger sporran is a very nice touch...and the Legend grows! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David, got to keep the Legend alive ;)

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Cheers, though I may have over done the tartan

      Delete
  13. Awesome figure and hero with a suitably awesome paint job.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely work. That badger is awesome and I quite like the tartan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was an easy conversion to make but yes so worth it

      Delete
  15. I have not voted on Curts Challenge yet. It is nice to see the figures on their own blogs before I do so. And your figure looks better on your blog than on Curt's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Clint, like you I wait till they appear on the owners blogs before voting

      Delete
  16. An excellent heroe, Andrew.
    Nice figure and top-notch paintjob as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful work and a great new banner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robert, I was unsure at first but am happy now

      Delete
  18. A wonderfully painted and dynamically posed figure. A worthy replacement for the banner! Dean

    ReplyDelete
  19. I truly worthy painting of the Horned God himself. Pat Mills would be proud

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fantastic model mate, I hate doing checks and tartans myself.

    Having said that, I'll miss the Old Loki myself - I just love that figure!

    ReplyDelete
  21. A fantastic new figurehead for the blog and the paintjob is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments they are appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...