5 January 2014

Weekly round up 5/1/14 - Beefcake for Anne and re balancing

Well I have too say this week has been a good one in the Great Hall. The week got better and better as it progressed, once we got into the New Year.

Now last year was a total disaster as far as I am concerned with far to many problems scattered through it to even warrant being called average. It got off to a bad start and just kept getting worse.

This year it is shaping up to be a good year, I have managed to get a new car, and how I am so glad that on Monday morning the pile of festering metal that I currently own, will no longer have to be relied upon. I have spent more money in the last year keeping it on the road than the pile of crap was worth. Never again will I ever own a Renault!!!

Welcome to Elizabeth and Peter, the two newest arrivals to the longships, row hard folks and enjoy the journey.

Now that fine Irish lady Anne has requested that the occasional piece of beefcake needs posting for the lady readers out there so in the interests of balance the odd picture may appear so she does not turn into a Banshee!! (although rumour has it I am years to late for that.)  Of course this will have to also be re balanced with Boobies for us red bloodied males and Tamsin.


Midweek saw my first hobby spending of the year some £63.00 worth of metal and plastic to top up the dwindling piles, though £40.00 of that was covered in gift vouchers so not to bad on the back pocket in the end. It now gives me a good amount of biblical figures for a good start to the army building in the year ahead.

Saturday was another great day and finally I claimed victory in the race to 1000 points that myself and +kevatthecabin were having during the first month of the analogue hobbies challenge. Plenty of ammo now for the year ahead, for when the dice gods desert me, there is nothing worse than banter flying and having nothing in you tank to return fire with, as most of last year proved.


Clearly anyone can see it has been a very good week, I am now sitting at 1041 points and am in second place, with a week to go before the first month of the challenge is done. I am not setting a new points target just yet as I want to see the score at the end of the week ahead then its a simple exercise in maths to see where it could potentially finish. Although I will be adding very few points to the current total, and estimate that at best I will get 150 points finished this week, as I will be finishing the 28mm French that have been loitering on my desk for a short duration. One unit is near finished but the other is a ways behind and both will only gain me 125 points but these are commission work and I have to pay the bills before I continue on my own armies. So the Nubians have been packed away into box files so as not to distract me in the week ahead, the desk cleared, save the Celtic legends and the next bonus round item which will be worked alongside the French in the coming week.

The Skraelings are also hopefully going to leave the Great Hall this week as I have put them up on Ebay today in order to raise some funds. They have been without doubt my favourite warband to paint so far.

Now despite me winning my race with Kev, there has been another battle for other challengers that has seen them flying off the line in a titanic struggle to reach 600 points I am pleased to see Francis "His Holiness" Lee has well and truly claimed the crown of this one and has left Ray "the Badger" Rousell trailing in his dust. Ray obviously claims this was Fran cheating and that his job was having a severe impact on his painting time, But come on Ray less time filling sandbags and more time painting is the only way to do it!!!

Of course one last thing for this post is a bit more rebalancing as boobies normally come in pairs so we have to have another pair to keep us all happy.

Well that pretty much sums up the week nicely. I hope you all had a good one.

Regards
Loki




33 comments:

  1. Glad to see such beautiful figurines, very nice work ... but I'm afraid it is not easy to play billiards in these conditions ...
    Best,
    Phil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed but a pretty distraction for a bit of cue action

      Delete
  2. Glad to see your year is starting well. Long may it continue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1,000+ points in one month of painting? Simple astonishing!

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bloody hard work too Jonathan let me tell you

      Delete
  4. I do like the second photo - she has lovely tats.



    Her tits are quite nice too :)

    Congrats again on winning the 1k race with Kev.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamsin I also agree lovely tits n tats

      Delete
  5. I love your Skraelings! And the tartan on the table is pretty nice as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always nice to have a bit of tartan on the table ;)

      Delete
    2. A sentiment with which I heartily concur!

      Delete
  6. Good to see your year start so well.

    I have the next two challenge rounds on my table along with the charge to enter, all very different

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am enjoying the diversity the bonus rounds allow

      Delete
  7. A good start sir and here's to a good 2014!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank ye Fran, you also are having nice start mate well done

      Delete
  8. Now we're talking! He's sexy and he's wearing a kilt. I don't know how the horrid modern business suit came into being when there's such a thing as a kilt to clothe a man in. Jaysus, if you guys only knew how much we ladies love men in kilts, it drives us mad with passion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See, now I was thinking he should drop the kilt and just wear his birthday suit.

      Delete
    2. Steady on ladies or you will be blaming me for hot flushes we cant have that

      Delete
  9. Glad to hear that 2014 is off to a good start and many congratulations on reaching that amazing tally - the sky is the limit now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to see you have a good week mate and hear that you are second in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Currently yes, will be pushing very hard for the duration

      Delete
  11. I do like the Skrailings!! They look excellent! If you need more beefcakes pics, just take them from my Facebook page, there's loads of piccies of me there!!! Well done to the miserable Oirish twat, I've got to paint the git a figure now!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kind of beefcake you have to offer would get me effin well shot!!! Get painting then you slacker

      Delete
  12. Good to hear you're off to a good start mate and congrats on taking the Badger to the cleaners.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael, yep these badger hair mops are great

      Delete
  13. Great post, have a great year sir!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Excellent work there Andrew! Great progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Rodger, progress is not too bad

      Delete
  15. Gratz on getting to 1k first. Also Grats to Fran. (Curses). I must say I prefer the lady in the kilt as opposed to the man. Hope you continue to have a good year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It could have been worse though Clint , having to hand over a figure to the Badger ;)
      Hang on in there bud, what you are doing is nice work

      Delete
    2. Maybe I should hand the figure to Ray and ask him to pass it on Hee hee!

      Delete

Please leave your comments they are appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...