12 January 2014

Weekly round up 12/1/14 - Hordes and battle report.

Well another very busy week in the Great Hall, the pace is picking up from everyone in the challenge over the last week, so click on the right side bar image to take a look for yourselves.

For my week, I took it much more relaxed as I considered my output over the last couple of weeks warranted a bit of a rest, so only very minimal output from me, I completed and scored 60 points for the La Sarre infantry and added to this with a mixed bag of a Banshee,druid, gyrocopter and a Nubian warband adding another 115 points, for a total of 175 points for the week. I have been pushed back into 2nd spot by my good buddy Kevin after his submission of a Viking army for Hail Caesar, which saw him squeak past me by a point, so he gets some bragging rights till my next entry surfaces anyway.

Although if you take a quick peek at my workbench you will see its is rather busy looking.

In fact it is chock full of figures, this is due to needing some reinforcements in a hurry for next weeks game, So I have advanced the Ancient Britons up the painting queue Next week I need to have a unit of three chariots completed and 6 medium cavalry and 6 light cavalry to bolster the forces for our upcoming Roman Invasion of Britain campaign. Of course me being me thought well if I am going to dip into the box and get some of it painted I may as well get them all done, so this weekend has seen me make major headway into the whole lot. I have even found the time to convert a few figures to make some skirmish slingers (something we have been very short of). This does mean I get a break from the Nubians, I have just about reached the halfway point with the army so the progress is very good.

Thursday saw the first Game of the year, an introduction for Karl and Glenn into Hail Caesar, I partnered up with Glenn with the Britons while Kev and Karl were to uphold the honour of Rome.
Due to a problem with shaky hands and dodgy pictures the report I had planned need some narration and is lacking in images. Something I will correct for next week.
 initial deployments Romans on the Left and Britons on the right
 The mighty legions advance toward the wild tribes in an effort to crush them
 Lots of swearing a couple of turns later and the might of Rome is going backwards not going to well on the other flank either
Meanwhile on the opposite flank the auxiliary troops are being cut down to a man as the Celt Cavalry outflanks them and they are trapped between two lines of Angry Britons.

The day was one after the collapse of Roman lines, Having lost an entire division and the other so badly mauled it had no will to return to the fight. The only losses for the Britons were a unit of light cavalry.

So my week ahead is planned out for me now with the elements to complete for Thursdays game, another unit of French Infantry and then what ever takes my fancy, which in all likely hood will be a mix of Nubians and Britons in equal measure. Oh and of course I still have to complete my vehicle bonus round items, which at this exact moment is looking rather doubtful for completion in time, I can see a few late nights ahead.

Thanks for taking the time to pop over to the Great Hall this week, have a good week ahead.

Loki

24 comments:

  1. WoW- that worktable to a well oiled (and busy) machine my friend! Us mere mortals in the competition enjoy watching you churn out awesomeness week after week - keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yor table looks much tidier than mine... should go and correct that. Maybe it would speed up my painting ;-)
    Looks like the Romans had a bad day against those pesky Britunculi! Emperor Claudius isn't known to be very forgiving in the face of such a defeat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes next week will be a tester as we refight the invasion

      Delete
  3. Massive amount of work on your painting table. I have a friend who paints in large batches like you. I don't know how either of you do it!

    Enjoyed the BatRep too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I vary between large batches and small amounts, dependant on mood

      Delete
  4. Looks like a hoard will soon emerge of your desk and as for game it looked nice, but it looks if the might of Roman was thumped into the mice of Rome!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes Rome was well thumped, wont be so easy next time out though

      Delete
  5. You have been going like gang busters since the Challenge began and I think a break was warranted. Also it's nice to see you got in time for a game!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with Anne - nice that you got a game in.

      Delete
  6. Impressive painting tally and excellent EIR vs Britons game. Any chance of some close up shots of the Nubian warband?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can check the analogue hobbies site, where several warbands have featured, I will do a full rundown of the army once completed though

      Delete
  7. Haha. Good to see I'm not the only nutter unable to see his workspace for the half painted figs...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is true Millsy but you might be the only antipodean nutter ;)

      Delete
  8. Very interesting AAR, with the Romans in the loser side!
    Sir, You are a painter of hordes! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always like it when the Romans loose. (I have perhaps played far to many games where people think the Romans were invincible.)

    I also like your proposed painting list. It will be good to see anything on that list. And you are not the only one struggling with the vehicle. (I have no idea for the last stand bonus round either)>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took a few games to get the hang of the wild Celts but Rome is and certainly was not invincible.

      Bonus rounds are doing my head in, well this one is it has so much going on

      Delete
    2. I only received my vehicle yesterday! But it has been assembled primed and has it's first base colour on.

      I have emailed Anne to make sure she is OK with us doing a side challenge in her style next year.

      Delete
  10. Great looking game Andrew. Very impressive painting display too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good output my friend, quality and quantity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks buddy, I will be dropping my own bomb this week when my tufts arrive!!

      Delete

Please leave your comments they are appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...