25 January 2014

Paint table Saturday #12 - Prepping, pinning, priming Parthians and painting FIW

The week is almost at an end and The Great Hall is blissfully quiet, due to all other occupants on a camping trip, so what is Loki up to in their absence.

Well he is up to his eyeballs in reality and the Paint Table is rather crowded and likely to be even more full by the days end.

It is paint table Saturday time a great idea started by Sofie over on her blog and something I have participated in for a few weeks now.

So what is on the agenda, well as the title suggests I have many items on the go at once.
Yes I am busy prepping and pinning Parthian Horse archers to their mounts.
After drilling a suitable hole I insert a dress makers pin, snip with metal cutters add a nice dollop of glue and attach the riders.

Of course one has too rinse and repeat this action some 100+ times, so I am doing it batches to avoid the issues of boredom and repetitive brain malfunction.

As you can see the table is filling up rather nicely with plenty of French Indian wars in the foreground and a pile of sprues, bases and assorted tools for further preparations during the course of the day. I intend getting a good batch of the FIW figures completed this weekend.

Finally for today just a small reminder that my first competition of the year will be launched in the weekly round up tomorrow.

Loki

24 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Sorry..I´m not asking wether they are HäT bods but it was more "eh?, HäT bods?" I thought you only did 28mm.

      Delete
    2. Only paint 28's for commission customers and my napoleonics, everything else I have been doing for the challenge is 20mm, so far started Nubians, completed ancient britons (newline) and just prepping parthians.

      Delete
  2. OOOOH Parthians that should ne bright and colourful and something to look forward to. As always they will no doubt be exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully they will be Clint although these wont be started until I complete the Nubians

      Delete
  3. Looks like a busy, fiddly afternoon ahead of you Loki.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes might need a good meal and some hearty ale to wash it down this evening

      Delete
  4. Looks like a fun weekend. And wait? Your wife didn't leave you with a Honey-Do List? Lucky you, now you get to play all weekend long.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think to say I am looking forward FIW stuff and I love the Pathans pinning tutorial too

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the miniatures you are painting! Thanks for participating! I posted your link in my blog post.
    Greetings, Sofie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, you've reminded me of my plastic 1/72nd days ;)! Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny that because this whole challenge has been a big nostalgia trip for me

      Delete
  8. Between you, Mssr Rosbif, and others, I am really regretting giving my son the entire horde of my old ho/oo plastics. I never really had much luck in getting the paint to adhere to them. It is nostalgic to watch the charge and countercharge over domino fortifications, and the Atlantic Greek phallanx supported by Airfix WW2 tanks. Funny how Osprey doesn't cover that! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The new primers really do make a difference, although some plastic is still a bit temperamental, I had many of those dominos and match firing cannon days in my youth great fun

      Delete
  9. Well you've got plenty there to keep you busy. Look forward to seeing the Parthians finished

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and its not as if I havent got enough prepared already :)

      Delete
  10. Lots of work, but they do look promising.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A heck of a lot of work, and then I got to make them all look different when I paint them

      Delete
  11. I'm sure you'll paint through this lot in almost no time!
    And I'm sure the results will be outstanding as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They wont be up for quite a while, still have the Nubians to complete

      Delete
  12. Just watch those pins Andrew! No sticking into fingers!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments they are appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...