30 January 2014

Challenge Day 47 - The best laid schemes and all that !!!

I had a plan for the week, all carefully worked out in order to maximise the painting potential. As with all plans there is potential for them to go fully tits up from outside sources and that's exactly what happened.


Now don't get me wrong sometimes plans go that way and at least these plans had good reason to go wrong. Above I had carefully organised the days work before the end of the day last night. I made my plan for today without any regard to outside influences, then wallop 11 o'clock last night the daughter went into labour. The wife naturally went to the hospital to assist as they do in such matters.

I was left to look after the boys while they slept. Fine I thought, but I cant go to sleep as I would not even hear a bomb go off once I hit the pillow. So awake all night I stayed not making any noise to disturb them watching drivel on the idiots lantern. I say drivel I really mean the dregs of society in reality why repeat crap like Jeremy Kyle show, its bad enough that these people get air time in the first place.

Dawn broke and no sign of the wife so at this point I knew my plans were going belly up, a phone call from her also said nothing yet, so I remained on duty. The boys both off school with Norovirus (thankfully I have stayed safe) then decide to spend the entire day fighting so I knew I was not getting to work anytime soon as I played referee.

Happily the wife rang around noon to let me know I had just become a Grandad. Yes the Great Hall has a shiny new addition as I now have a Grand daughter  weighing in at a hefty 9lb 2.5 oz.
So I am at this moment rather chuffed and really could not care about plans as some things are just far more important in life. Both mother and baby are fine, me and the wife are exhausted, so I am not playing my usual weekly game tonight instead I am going to have a well earned kip!!

Have a good one people
Loki

38 comments:

  1. Great news and congratulations! Having a young grand daughter myself, I know what a pleasure this little one will become.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! What a blessing. Enjoy the new addition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the look of your granddaughter - she looks like no one to mess with ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear Gramps,congrats to both the mother and you of course....where's my cigar?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can think of worse reasons to miss out on a day of painting...

    congratulations, "Gandad"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hearty Congratulations on the new arrival - how wonderful for you all!

    She is at least a 70mm figure, which I think Curt awards 40 points for :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations for the family additions! Maybe that's an acceptable reason for not being super productive with hobby matters :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Andrew, what a new addition to the Great Hall! Hope you have the great log fire burning to keep her warm through the cold winter chill!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on the newest addition to your family, you must be over the moon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats "Old man"! She looks lovely!
    Also congrats to the parents and the rest of the family with this little princess!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! But 9lb 2.5 oz!! That's not a baby that's a turkey! Still, what a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats. Don't think I need to say anything else as a grandad myself.

    Cheers, John.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations to you all! It's great being a grandad, you'll love it.

    :O)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on the new granddaughter, she is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats. Great news and a good reason to put down the brushes.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very happy for you, Andrew. Your granddaughter is a cutie, though at 9 lbs + not really a mini!
    Blessings to you all,
    MP

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wohoo! Congrats to all involved and glad everything went well.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations on being a granddad!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations That is Fantastic news.
    Worthy of a few days rest from painting at the very least.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats on the addition Andrew! That is a pretty decent weight too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Really excellent news, congratulations to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations, that's a great news!!
    All the best,
    Phil.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Excellent news, congratulations to all.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats grandpa! Looks like someone didn't want to get out of bed :-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congratulations Andrew!
    Greetings, Sofie

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congrats again to you and the whole family, now we really can call you an Old Git!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congratulations there Andrew and your family too. I can see why you are chuffed

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congratulations, Grandad. Some days are just more wonderful than others.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I know I have already said it, but!
    Congratulations.
    Grandpa Loki, heehee.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Many congrats Gandpa !

    All the best
    Stefan

    ReplyDelete
  32. Just stuck my head up to see this so sorry for the delay. Congratulations Andrew - you must be very proud and happy.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments they are appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...