16 January 2014

Challenge Day 33 - Tuft in the nick of time.

Once again Tajima1 has excelled in the customer service department and my barren supply of his excellent tufts is now back in full stock. I reckon I have just enough for about three weeks before another order.

I wont say I was in a hurry for them, as I have continued painting and of course this has accumulated a rather large stockpile of figures that need basing. I was though fast running out of storage space.

So today has been spent happily finishing off a pile of bases ready for tonight's game, releasing some much needed storage space for me too into the bargain.

Last night I managed to start basing the first warband of Ancient Britons.

I am pleased I put the extra work into them and they now look like a motley array of wild men!!

Tonight is game night and this week we are going to refight the Battle of Medway scenario from the Hail Caesar Britannia supplement. This will be a tough one for the Britons to win, as they start the game outnumbered and outflanked by the dastardly legions. So offerings have been made to the dice gods in advance.

Loki



20 comments:

  1. That's a lot of tufts you've got there!

    Thanks for the store tip btw! Have to make a test order from there as they seem to be a lot cheaper than my local store!

    And how does their adhesive work? All the self-adhesive tufts I've tried just fall of at the slightest bump and really need some PVA glue underneath to secure them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the base is dry they stick, and they dont come off again absolutely no need for pva at all

      Delete
  2. I ordered from Tajami1 after seeing there product on your blog, great stuff and great service. Received it in US less then 2 weeks after ordering.

    John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear you had good service too John

      Delete
  3. Good luck in the game tonight. I expect no less then TOTAL victory against the Romans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Clint although I failed on the total victory

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Fun was had, although best laid plans and all that

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Christopher, I should have all my Celts completed tomorrow

      Delete
  6. Now totally converted to the tajima1 tuft, just great quality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear it Michael, I believe they may just be the best on the market

      Delete
  7. The Britons are looking lovely. They're going to be quite a sight when complete!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Michael, one big Celtic horde coming to a blog near you soon ;)

      Delete
  8. 'Twas worth the effort to go the extra mile on those shileds.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great looking warband! Good luck on the battlefield!

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is nothing more annoying than running out of materials, so I'm glad you can get back on track.

    Those wildmen look excellent - may they slay many Legionaries in your game this evening!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hard fought battle.
    Romans won (just).
    The Tajima tufts are superb and taste tufty {*~"}

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments they are appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...