11 January 2014

Challenge Day 28 - A blogger who inspired me (with added beef)

I have mentioned before that visiting various blogs give me inspiration at times, one of those blogs is that of  +Anne O'Leary who's most excellent work can be found HERE.

Anne by her own admission has not been at the brushes a long time in comparison to many of us but boy can she teach some of us a thing or too about the use of colour. Her work always draws me in like a moth to a flame I get to her posts as quick as my reading list allows. To stare in wonder at her latest creations. One day I may be lucky enough to win one of her giveaways and actually own a piece of her talented work. I will keep trying.

I am particularly drawn by her use of strong contrasts and vivid basing to set things off, something she is particularly good at. So upon opening my Celtic legends box set, I knew exactly what I wanted to achieve with the Banshee. ( I must admit I get a mental image of her turning into the aforementioned when I post boobs )


I was a little more than pleased when this landed on Curts blog as I received the following comment from Anne "Oh look at the palette on that Banshee. And the basing on your fantasy figures is so vibrant. You're stomping on my terra now Andrew!" as I had obviously pulled of the exact thing I wanted too do.

So thank you for the inspiration Anne, It always a pleasure watching what rolls off your painting desk. Now because I affected her retinal display devices with boobs yesterday I have to balance that out and calm the Banshee down again and there is only one way to do that apparently!!


Now I hope that Anne enjoyed that and is now suitably relaxed as it will be back to boobs as normal for the future.

Well folks that is todays post, I am off to get my eyes repaired after the last picture damaged my eyesight!!! please remember its not my fault if yours get injured too..

regards
Loki

18 comments:

  1. Can't disagree - Anne's painting is inspired and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree too, really like Anne's work! Nice one Andrew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think everyone will agree about Anne's skill.

    A great choice of figures as an homage - Celtic (not because it's a banshee).

    ReplyDelete
  4. That banshee looks great and like yuou say Anne produces some excellent work

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't agree more! Anne's work, especially her choice of colours is awesome. Very nice work on your Banshee Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How very sweet of you Andrew. I do so like your Banshee, but I only look like that when my brood doesn't clean up their messes! And the beefcake looks like something I could eat with a fork!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Anne, although sweet is not a word used to describe me often.

      Delete
  7. Anne use of colour and choice of palette shows her to be a true artist

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anne's is a perfect inspiration, I agree !
    and your work in "Anne's style" is very inspirational too !

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great tribute to Mrs O'Leary! Its quite amazing the work the lass turns out especially as she's very new to the hobby!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think next year we should have a secret bonus round! We should all do a figure Inspired by Anne and in her style and get her to judge the winner!

    Very much to admire here, I particularly like the skin tone. She is quite horrific. (The figure, not Anne)! I also like the purple dress, and the base of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we should do an ANNE O Leary challenge next year in Painting challenge 5. I bet several other people would get involved as well. And most importantly it would be a giggle.

      Delete
  11. Nice job the banshee looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ann is a fantastic artist, with an incredible use of the colours. Your banshee is also very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Agree with you about Anne's work...and skill!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Her progress has been amazing, very talented cailin, nice one Andrew!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice one. Anne's colour use is indeed refreshing.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments they are appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...