Yesterday I made a submission of the first unit of French Indian war figures for a recent commission they picked me up a respectable 60 points in the challenge.
I have several units to be painting up although the choice of unit was easily made for these figures as a few months ago I had planned to make an army in 28mm for muskets and tomahawks, and painted the officer.
So today I present 12 figures to represent the La Sarre infantry.
First raised in 1651, the regiment sent its second battalion to Canada arriving in 1756 with Montcalm. It fought at Oswego 1756, Fort william Henry 1757, The French victory of Ticonderoga 1758 amoung others. Finally burning its colours before surrendering at Montreal in 1760.
These took me a while to get into the swing of painting, the Grey white uniform is not the easiest of colours to get looking right. I got there in the end though and the customer is happy with them which is what counts. So next up I shall be working on the Béarn Infantry, these will be in a mix of regulation uniform and Ministry of Navy issued uniform to give an on campaign look.
Tonight I am off to Kevin's for our first game of the New Year, which will be another attempt for my Ancient British to attack the might of Rome.. We will also be looking at our respective army builds as I shall be taking the Nubians over for him to have a look at and I will be checking out the Vikings he is currently painting.
Overall I am really pleased with the decision we took to rebuild a few biblical armies, even though I have the task of painting them up. I am undaunted by the hordes of infantry I have to paint. This I believe is because we have made some simple changes to the Hail Caesar system, that allow troop type recognition on the table easily, simply by taking the number of figures per bases into account. I have no doubt had we not made this change, and that of using smaller scale figures the sheer numbers that would be required would have the potential to demotivate. Therefore running the risk of not getting completed quickly.
I will off course do a more thorough post on the small changes we have made at a later date, for those that may be interested.
I have spent today working on my Vehicle round submission after a change of direction on this. Oh how I hate my brain at times, I decided to change my idea for this and have really given myself a bit of a tall order to get it completed in time now. I have sent another very small submission to Curt, just 3 figures this time but that does mean I have completed most of the peripheral projects I had on the go. I also have two more bonus round items completed, my Hero and Casualties are done. So I just need to complete the Vehicle and I am good to go till late Feb when I will have to work on the last two bonus rounds.
The last thing I have for you today is fellow blogger Joakim Strom is having a very nice giveaway to celebrate 50,000 hits and he has just about something for every taste, so please go visit for your own chance to win.
Thanks for stopping by today.