8 January 2014

Challenge Day 25 - Tart' an things up a bit

Today I have progressed well, seeing the first of the French Infantry based and as I need the points I decided to submit them to Curt. I have spent a large chunk of the day working on the peripheral items that I was half or further through. I decided that I needed to clear as many bits off the table as possible in order to focus on the next French Infantry unit.

One thing I always enjoy doing is a bit of Tartan and the Celtic legends set, gave me just the right figure to have a bit of a play with. So I have wistfully wasted a couple of hours on this creation.

Not the best picture in the world but it gives you an idea of what I intend overall.

So the table at the end of the day today is looking much healthier, with just the unit of French and some more converted and primed Nubians, for when I get back to doing them.
I just have to finish my vehicle bonus round figures now and I have them all finished save the last two submissions.

That is it for today as I cant show any of the work completed today as it has yet to be photographed for submission.

Loki

42 comments:

  1. Looking good so far!
    P.S: You paint so fast! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Thanos, yes I can paint fast I always used too but I never had much time too paint now I am doing it full time I find that I am back to my old self again

      Delete
  2. Oooh but that Tartan looks grand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wait till you get to see his sporran :)

      Delete
  3. Well, if you can do tartan that well, you should take every opportunity to do so!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I enjoy it but, its very time consuming to do it fully like this so I reserve it for special pieces

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I shall take that as a compliment from the tartan master that you are

      Delete
  5. Your a brave man to paint a tartan. I've always shied away from even trying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just takes practise Miles then it comes easier to replicate, the art is to try not too over complicate

      Delete
  6. Cracking work on the tartan Andrew!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice Hero !

    Like the tartan very much !

    best regards Michael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Michael, this is going to be a special Hero and he will be unveiled on the 2nd of February

      Delete
  8. Good job on the tartan! Hard to get it to look good and I think you've nailed it

    ReplyDelete
  9. hmmm I am slipping. Not even started the Vehicle round figure yet. So it is nice to know that you are more prepared. Got a week yet so best crack on.
    The Tartan looks good I may have to try it someday soon. Which is the great thing about the painting challenge as IT really present others work and offer ideas about your own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure you will get the vehicle whipped up in no time Clint. I like the challeneg for pretty much the same reasons it presents us with so many things to try and see

      Delete
  10. Very nice bit of tartan there Andrew!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent work Andrew !
    Cheers .

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great Tartan pattern! looking forward to seeing him on the Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hopefully he will be making a Grand entrance

      Delete
  13. The tartan looks excellent, Andrew.
    I'm looking forward to see your vehicle next week. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stefan it is a most unusual vehicle and thats all I am saying

      Delete
  14. That looks fabulous and I like the miniature too, just what I'm after - where is it from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The celtic legends set Michael that I reviewed earlier in the week

      Delete
    2. How did I miss that! That's what been back at work is doing to me!

      Delete
  15. I really like how you painted that tartan! Wonderfull figure so far!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments they are appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...