7 January 2014

Challenge Day 24 - Bonus points and Inspiration

One of the major highlights of blogging is the wonderful diverse nature of works you can find on other blogs.

Follow enough blogs and you can get far too many ideas that you would spend a life time trying to undertake them all. However that said some blogs inspire more than others this of course will vary according to your own tastes. I am very weak willed when it comes to anything remotely new and shiny. I am also far too curious for my own good. Though I do have a very artistic and creative side that normally allows me to convert plans into reality.

So for the fortnightly bonus round I used a little inspiration from the Cheaphammer blog, Kieron had been buying very cheap heroclix figures repainting them and using them for a batman game he is developing. So I thought Great I can do that for the Villains round and headed off to Ebay to pick a couple of cheap figures up.


Once they arrived I realised they were not pretty but I could hopefully improve them, I could hardly complain having paid £1.50 for the two figures. So I ripped the heroclix bases off and set about a quick bit of sculpting to give them new bases and then when dry coated them in primer.

Now I will be the first to admit nothing spectacular, but at least a small improvement and they got me another 60 points, which should not be sniffed at.

This all leads me onto other distractions inspired from other bloggers. Currently I have a few strange items in various stages of painting, and as I unveil each piece I will then reveal where my inspiration came from. Currently in progress are a Banshee, Druid, Spider and a gyrocopter in all a bit of a mixed bag. I am sure there will be more of this kind of thing in the year ahead as I am enjoying my adhoc year at the paint table.

So onto todays achievements or lack of, well I have had a good day and the first of the French is finally off my desk and ready to base in the morning, I have completed the Banshee as well, so all in a very good day, I am taking it easier this week as you may have gathered I have painted a heck of a lot in the first three weeks so far, that I can afford to slack off a little not too much mind. The other French should be completed by Friday evening so I should be able to submit all the French at the weekend.

Thanks once again for stopping by for todays update.

Loki

23 comments:

  1. Great job on those Heroclix figures, also a good idea that I may use myself in the future

    ReplyDelete
  2. so not "playing" in the car then!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not today, I will wait till the weekend

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I thought they were a very meagre entry compared to many others

      Delete
  4. Those are some great looking villains Andrew!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christopher, they were cheap and cheerful

      Delete
  5. Definitely an improvement. I've been thinking about the Heroclix stuff too. This might push me over the edge. Thanks for that. NOT! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a very cheap way to get the figures, though they do need a repaint

      Delete
  6. I'd like a have a go on the Heroclixstuff, but I'd come in in that damn fantasy rash again if I did!!! Great work ol' chap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you still got the rash from the dettol then!!

      Delete
  7. Andrew you're a true artist. That's some amazing stuff again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nick, they were not my best work but certainly better than how they started out

      Delete
  8. nice work on the Heroclix figures Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. Cheers Rodger, I thought I would give it a try I am pleased with the results

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Thanks although what the hell I am going to do with them I have no idea

      Delete
  11. Much to admire in revamping the Heroclix figures. I may have a go at it as well.

    Good work Loki, you are steering the longship very admirably.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Unusual figures but great painted!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments they are appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...