2 January 2014

Challenge Day 19 - A case of Michaelitis

Today saw me venture into town with the wife and boys, for a bit of a shopping trip, the upside of this was me being given time to have a trip into the local emporium of delights and with a fair few vouchers received for Christmas it seemed an ideal opportunity not to avail myself in a few purchases to top up the arsenal for the challenge.

Biblical miniatures were on the shortlist for today's targeted spending.  Knowing what I have already got plans to build armies for, I decided that I should start collecting the figures to paint once I get through the Nubians, the ice cream tub is depleting quite nicely.

I will be making a Sea Peoples force with allies so the bulk of the purchases went in that direction, picking up 5 boxes of figures containing some 222 of the 400+ figures needed for these.

I also picked up a couple of boxes of Egyptian infantry only 84 figures but it is a start towards that list. I would have bought more but some of the Nubians and the Sea Peoples armies will be used for my New Kingdom Egyptians so I need a bit more planning on that list before I purchase the rest.

Then I got struck by Michaelitis while browsing and before I knew it I hand two completely unintended impulse purchases in my grasp and was handing over the vouchers and a few unintended pounds into the bargain.

After having purchased these, the wife then told me we should go looking for a new car to replace the pile of rubbish we currently have. We have seen a vehicle that pleases the wife and will fit into family life quite nicely, and I have given it a good test drive. Hopefully after tomorrow I will have secured a new vehicle for Loki and his tribe that is far more reliable although it will be a bank emptying purchase. After this it was a dive across town to help my good buddy Kevin, who purchased a dishwasher for his good lady. So off we went to fetch the item and take it home for him. Much better than the extortionate delivery charges these companies want to place on people.

I had hoped to be showing you the first units of Nubians today but Curt is running a bit behind at present so they will have to wait for a few days before I can reveal them here. I have not had any time for painting today but it certainly has been a really positive start to 2014 so far.

I am going to spend a couple of hours this evening at the brushes, which should at least see me complete some Nubian skirmishers, and quite possibly the first French Infantry unit. That concludes my offering for today good people.

Loki

28 comments:

  1. That's quite a haul! Looking forward to what you will do with the Ronin stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonas it may be a few weeks yet as I wage a war of biblical proportions

      Delete
  2. Yep that looks like a good start to the year. It looks like you are pretty serious about the 20mm Biblicals. I do look forward to seeing them a bit later in the process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fully committed Clint, cant wait to start playing the period again

      Delete
  3. Nice start for 2014. How have you like the Caesar 20mm's? I have some moderns and some of the boxes have pretty weird poses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like em and when done as units they look fine, for me its about costs and doing biblical armies involves huge numbers of figures

      Delete
  4. good haul Loki. Is "Michael" slang for "shinybloody"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its worse Tamsin much Worse completely incurable once contracted ;)

      Delete
  5. Great additions and looking forward to seeing these finished.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Koryu Buntai are nice figures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They will get a quality paint job my man, I am looking forward to them as a break from the run of play

      Delete
  7. Yep, that's a positive case of Michaelitis right there! A cracking start to the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could not agree more, nor will you next week ;)

      Delete
  8. This will be very nice to see!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice collection of goodies Andrew, money well spent! At least you got to spend it before having to buy a new longboat!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reckon I will need a new Longship soon though Rodger

      Delete
  10. Ancients appear to be a bit neglected period these days. Very interested to see your Nubians.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are one of my favourite periods, all out carnage

      Delete
  11. I'm looking forward to see all this stuff painted and ready.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So am I fella, these armiees have a lot of figures to paint

      Delete
  12. Some great looking goodies you got yourself there Loki, I too have got to buy a new car, the mrs's astra is dying fast!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I regret buying this one I have Ray it has been nothing but a Lemon since I got it

      Delete
  13. I'll tell you what, I was tempted. to go down the same road, but I didn't. But who knows, the Challenge is not over yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dont resist the urges Anne go with the flow love and have so hair down time :)

      Delete
  14. Some excellent purchases! Will you mix the Sea People from Hat and Caesar? Can you make a comparison picture?

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They will be in the same army but possibly not the same unit I will try to get a comparison done in a couple of days for you Peter

      Delete

Please leave your comments they are appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...