22 December 2013

Weekly round up 22-12-13 - Frustration and flying paint and lots more !!!

First I will get the frustration out of the way. I have been at great pains this week as I have been unable to return the favour and follow a couple of good blogs why? Well my reading list is well over 300 blogs and blogger wont let me add any more, so please if you have a blog, do bloggers like me a favour, check to ensure you have the followers gadget installed on your blog, because if you don't I can't follow you and nor can many others. Now there is a very simple solution and all you need to do is follow this LINK written by James and do exactly as it says on the tin so to speak and I will be eternally grateful.

Right now onto the business end of this post. Well it certainly has been a busy week in the Great Hall, I have clocked up over 70 hours painting and scored 309 points this week in an effort to get to a certain point pre festivities in order to sit back and not worry about things for a couple of weeks. Also I have plans that will remove a couple of weeks from January as well so this should give me the cushion I wanted to create to ensure I hit my targets.

As you may be aware this was the first full week of the challenge proper and I have been super busy on the back end of the brushes. My opening entry was this years entry fee of a sheriff from the foundry ranges.
This was followed by a small group of armed settlers from the redoubt ranges, that can be used either for the French Indian wars or the American war of independence.
Friday nearly saw me screw the whole plan up after trying to spray varnish indoors without ventilation but the end result was certainly worth it for me as I managed to get the Skraeling warband submitted. This is a bittersweet one for me as I bought these with the clear intention of keeping them but I now need to earn an income while I sort my health out, so these are going to be sold via Ebay, of course if any of my regular readers want to lay claim before then please do contact me.
Here is a group shot as an opener all 37 figures amassed me 200 points toward my target.


Now the warlord was a super sculpt and I went to town on him, using a red and white war paint to lift above the muted tones of the leggings and bones. I used researched tribal patterns and found sequences of dots were common markings so that's what he got on both forearms. As always these characters form the main focal point of a saga force so the basing is always given a lot more work. In this case a rocky split level outcrop.

This is the 12 figure levy unit these were devoid of warpaint so as to distinguish lesser fighters.





Three groups of eight warriors distinguished by simply using 3 different coloured breech clouts.

The challenge overall this week has produced some stunning work from fellow hobbyists and I urge anyone who has not done so all ready to click the link in the right side bar and go visit The Analogue Hobbies blog and see for yourselves.

I will be continuing with updates throughout the festive period when time allows though I can not guarantee they will be daily after today for a while. So I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year.

Rgeards
Loki

38 comments:

  1. Fantastic work on all of it Andrew! Love the skin tone on the Indians.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did an excellent job this week Andrew. I particularly like your Warlord. I've got a Woodland Indian to paint up and I hope you don't mind if I do the face paint on him like you did this one. I will tell people where the inspiration came from too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Anne, and I am honoured that you can draw inspiration from my work, feel free to use whatever you like how ever you wish.

      Delete
  3. Great painted figures you show us here. I love the Ladies with the guns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful work there Loki and very impressive this first weeks haul is. I wish you and your family all the best over the festive period and enjoy the rest mate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pete, my compliments to you and the good lady and best wishes for the festive season

      Delete
  5. That is an amazing level of commitment and productivity, all at your usual impressive quality too.
    Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paul, I had to really fly this last week, as I wont have this level of time again to commit

      Delete
  6. Really smart work Loki - you've blown away my opening gambit! I hope you have recovered from your spray exposure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Scott, I have recovered and I have taken the last two days easy on the painting. I needed to shoot straight out this week as my time is short over the next 4 weeks. I am sure everyone will catch and overtake me very quickly.

      Delete
  7. Superb start, like you've been shot out of a cannon! I especially love that orange dress, the sheriff and the Skraeling warpaint and fabulous base.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Monty, glad you like them. I knew you would enjoy the Skraelings.

      Delete
  8. Stunning work there, Loki. I really like how you built-up the base for the warband leader. It fits, and that's an idea I will have to steal sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rob, steal away buddy steal away

      Delete
  9. Wonderful work, Andrew!
    All sets are excellent but the Sheriff is top-notch.

    You seem to be well prepared for the festive season and I wish you a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year. Good luck, all the best and especially health for you and your kin, my friend!

    Cheers
    Stefan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stefan I am glad you enjoyed the weeks work. Merry Christmas my friend

      Delete
  10. Very productive. Now have a rest so us slow plodders can catch up would ya. :)
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brendon, think of it as the Tortoise and the Hare and you have already won bud ;)

      Delete
  11. That is wonderful. Very nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super work, Andrew. I love the sherif and the Indian / skraeling figures are first rate, what a pity you have to sell them. I hope that you and yours have a great holidays and that, as you say, your health issues are resolved.
    Best,
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to see you back Michael, I hope you are well and nicely settled now. I dont mind selling them if it helps my family they are far more important than bits of metal in the end.

      I wish you and the family well this festive season have a good one
      regards
      Loki

      Delete
  13. I also wish you and all those close to you the very best for the holiday season and the year ahead.

    The figures are really great. Absolutely nothing there I would not have been proud to have painted.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These all look fantastic and I really like those Indians. Great skin tone and colouring throughout.

    Cheers, Ross

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very impressive work Andrew!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are a great painted of miniatures, and a very dangerous opponent!! Very nice figures, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you Juan, I have never been called a dangerous opponent but it has a certain ring to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super duper impressive work. Seriously good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Greate work Andrew!!

    Merry Christmas !

    Best regards Michael

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments they are appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...