1 December 2013

Weekly round up 1-12-2013 and More Elf Madness

This week has been a bit of a struggle as my health has not been great. The quacks have told me I need to take a break for a while to avoid the problems I have been plagued with for the last two winters, or suffer the consequences which are not pleasant, so despite my reluctance to heed this advice I have too comply this year as SWMBO found out and insists that I do and has promised me all kinds of hell should I not do as told.

I have some hard choices to be making over the next few weeks as it has become obvious that I am going to have to make changes to my life that will impact on my ability to run the business in its current form. This may or may not prove to be problematic but I need to think about making and taking a diversification and above all meeting the needs of the family first.

I have done some more preparation work for the challenge, as a combination of some Ebay purchases and raiding of various lead piles have produced miniatures for some of the weekly bonus rounds. I have made the necessary adjustments to the spreadsheet so I can remind myself of the deadlines.


Other than this the week has largely been quite unusually unproductive by my standards and very little actual painting has taken place. Thursday saw myself and Kevin have an epic ding dong with Prussia against Russia in the Seven years war era but alas no photos of this as the game was so good they didnt get taken.

As the last outing of the elves was so well received I thought you all deserved one last treat!

During the winter preparations Dave Docherty convinces the boys set off to the deep south and partake in a local tradition:



Finally for this week I would like to welcome the new followers aboard the Longship, I hope you enjoy your visits here.

Regards
Loki

18 comments:

  1. I'm sure your physical health will improve, especially with HRH in control. However, I worry about your mental elf . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. well do what the quack says.., that was certainly amusing for my elf!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am terribly sorry to hear that things are not good at present, but you must do as you are told! Take care my good man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeeeeeeee Haaaaaaaaa!
    Hope your problems don't interfere with the hobby and your ability to make a living too much. Listen to the Mrs (I know it'll be hard?) and the quacks and I hope it all works out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take care of your health! And that video is hilarious! Must Say that Fran has talent!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry, to hear about your health. I wish you a good and speedy recovery. Take care of your health!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear of your health issues hope you can sort it out.

    Ha Ha That video is ace

    ReplyDelete
  8. Take it easy mate and listen to those folks who has your best interests at heart!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Look after yourself my friend and giddy up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Listen to the docs and SWMBO on this Andy. Take things easy and don't do anything that will make your health (or your elf) worse.

    I guess that video is an example of a ho-ho-ho down :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Best of luck in resolving your health issues, Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Look after yourself Andrew.
    Looking forward to seeing your answers to the challenges.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  13. Do as your told Buddy.
    The Elves are Mental....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very sorry to hear that you aren't well; hope that normal service is soon resumed!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks everyone, I am sure it will all work out in the end
    regards
    Loki

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Andrew, please take care of yourself. I know if my SWMBO got wind of doctors orders I'd better follow them or else! But seriously everything else is secondary to taking care of yourself and being there for the family.


    I'm not sure why, but Fran as an Elf is most disturbing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Take care of your health Andrew as that's the important thing.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments they are appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...