23 December 2013

Challenge Day 9- Arachnaphobes Look Away!!!

First up a big welcome to the newest crew member of the longship Tim, who's fine blog can be found HERE.

Okay so we are now 9 days into the challenge and my last couple of days have been fairly quiet on the painting front. with certain festivities just around the corner family life takes a huge stride forward and painting time is reduced as one would expect.

Yesterday saw the first fortnightly bonus round posted on Curt's blog and what a treat that is for anyone who likes to see great painted figures so click the banner on the side bar and go visit analogue hobbies for yourselves.

My submission to the bonus round was a very small and simple extension to all the French Indian war civilians that I had shown earlier last week. with six unarmed civilians adding to the 14 already shown.



The only other work that I have submitted was my Druidic ritual display piece to brighten the Hail Caesar games myself and Kev H play.




These are 20mm figures painted to my table top standard, hopefully this will enthuse my Ancient British to do the job properly when we are next in battle.

Now if you have a problem with spiders I suggest you stop reading  as the next picture is not for Arachnaphobes at all.

I was quite pleased when Curt opened the challenge up to fantasy figures and beasties this year. Not that I do much in the way of fantasy painting as this very blog will prove but I do like to paint some of the stuff, that definitely falls into this genre. I have had a certain Arachnid for quite a while, intending it to be part of an Orc and Goblin army, but I just don't like warhammer as a game so I never started the painting.

The challenge however gives me a great reason to paint some of these items, even if the only reason is to clear them from the plastic pile. So that said I have a plan for the spider, its a little off the wall or out of the box but hey that's me sometimes, and I may have left it a bit late for what I plan to use it for but I will be trying. In the foreground you can see I am also well under way with my next batch of figures these are all Foundry Saxons and I really need to get these done and off my bench as soon as practical, I plan to have them completed the first week after Christmas.

Well good people, that is my offering from the workbench for today, thank you for stopping by.

Regards
Loki

30 comments:

  1. Excellent painting!

    Best regards Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of it very nice Andrew and I'm really looking forward to checking out your Saxons!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These wont be that good I am afraid Christopher they are awful models

      Delete
  3. That spider is super cool. I would like to see him on a dio attacking a potential victim.

    My last comment got eaten.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh he will be quite unusual when completed Anne

      Delete
  4. This spider definitely will be an eyecatcher. Looking forward to see this finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andrew - I think you might need to call this guy in:
    http://application.denofgeek.com/pics/film/list/spielberg-produced/03.jpg

    Lovely work on the civvies and the druids :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tamsin, the druids were a nice bit of fun

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you I was glad to get it done in the end yellow is such a hard colour to use

      Delete
    2. What made yellow hard to use?

      I so want a yellow house with white trim.

      Delete
    3. It took 7 coats of paint to get the yellow base coat on to be able to work up from that. Yellow paints have a habit of lacking pigment so dont cover well

      Delete
  7. Interested to see what you do with the spider - I'm sure it'll be worth seeing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Let's just hope you'll be keeping this standard up until the end.

    Cheers

    Seb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seb the standard wont drop but the speed will without doubt

      Delete
  9. That druidic scene is a killer (pardon the pun...)!

    Excellent civvies, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. All is good here !!
    the spider looks terrific ! Could she be the cruel Shelob's of LoTR ???

    ReplyDelete
  11. Replies
    1. Thanks you Scott, this pace so far bodes well for me doing this full time till I find a new career path

      Delete
  12. The spider is going to be awesome. Consider Kings of War as an alternative rules to Warhammer fantasy. Simple rules but it creates lots of modeling opportunities with fixed unit base sizes.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brendon. I have played KOW it is a far better game indeed

      Delete
  13. Very nice stuff mate, looking forward to seeing the Spider in more detail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lee, the spider will be fun and I promise loads of detail

      Delete

Please leave your comments they are appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...