18 December 2013

Challenge day 4 - I'm Like a rubber ball Bouncy bouncey !!!!

I had to agree with Anne's remark last night I have bounced, nope ricocheted  from one project to another and some. My brushes have lavished paint on a whole raft of figures which in this case is good, but a complete lack of self control and good discipline this could end up being destructive. I have a plan for now and it seems to be working so I am sticking with it.

Currently started are Skraelings ( 3 units painted need basing, 1 unit blocked), Blood bowl Humans (part blocked), Druidic ritual scene (part painted), Casualty vignette (modifications done) and a unit of French Napoleonics (which I burnt the midnight oil on last night and went well past the intended blocking stage) I need to adjust the temporary bases for the Napoleonic figures as these proved awkward to work with.
Skraeling warlord before basing
Most of today has been spent on the last Skraeling unit, then all will need the basing to be completed. But I have had a bit of warband funk set in and got frustrated after I discovered the shields dont fit the warriors hands. I have had to sit and trim all the backs out and repaint them before attaching to each figure. So after this I diverted my attention to some other French Napoleonic Infantry as these form the back bone of the challenge for me this year. I am going to stick to my rotational blocking method as it seems to be helping me get figures turned around in good order. Its also nice after a day at the brushes doing detail work to just sit and block items ready for the next stages of an evening.

why don't they make the shields to fit the hands when designing would have saved a lot of hassle today!!! 
Finally today has seen me send my first submissions off to Curt, the entry fee and bonus round submissions are in, the latter so I dont miss the deadline.

I would also like to welcome the new follower aboard the longship horekim I could not find a blog link for you so if you have one please place a link in the comments box so I can return the favour.

Well folks thats my offerings from today, I hope you are enjoying the daily updates dont forget to leave your comments.

Regards
Loki

30 comments:

  1. The competition is clearly hotting up!

    Millsy is remarkably quite though... wonder what he's got on the boil at the moment...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do look great. So much fun, it looks like you guys and girls have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that skraeling warlord is awesome! The warpaint is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looking great Loki, cant wait to see your Nap stuff rolling off the table
    Peace James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are the long haul James, Have to paint some stuff to earn a living from first

      Delete
  5. I called you out didn't I! Now I don't want to see another project as a WIP up here until you complete and turn in two entries :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah but it didnt work!! I have done some more bouncing working on another side project though I have submitted to Curt as well

      Delete
  6. So what's next? Where in history are the next bunch of figures gonna be???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where would you like me to go Ray :P, don't answer that ;)

      Delete
  7. Making a lot of progress you are.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice progress in your different painting projects. Very nice to follow the chalange.

    Best regards Michael

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a fantastic amount of work Andrew!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. Yes although I will now have to start finishing a fair few bits to make room

      Delete
  11. I'm the same mate, I have half a dozen figures on the go and keep jumping from one thing to another. I'm going to make a concerted effort to get as much finished before Christmas because then I have a very hectic seven days where I'll probably get nothing done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall be tidying the pile over the weekend so I am clear for christmas

      Delete
  12. It seems that's a very effective way to get a lot of figures done as proven by you, but since I'm a bit OCD I would get overwhelmed doing that and so must do one thing at a time.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THats why I have a shelf above so I can take the chaos away from my eyeline

      Delete
  13. Nice - a whole bunch will look ace. I have a bunch on the go too at the moment - but they aint far off - i have a a bit of a personal pre Xmas target to see off as i know Jan is going to be a bit lean..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too have a pre Christmas target hence the output as I need to do other things for chunks of January

      Delete
  14. Nice work - love that Skraeling's face paint!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments they are appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...