17 December 2013

Challenge Day 3 - Cowboy, Blood Bowl and Skraelings

Last night at the end of day 2, I started to block out another of the side projects I have found in the lead and plastic pile. I bought the bloodbowl board game a year ago and it had the standard human and orc teams, neither of which got any attention other than slung in a tub of plastics. This was due to me only wanting the playing pieces and board to use, as I was painting a custom Lizardman team at the time. So on discovering these while looking for something completely unrelated I decided to prepare them and slap some team colours on this year as part of the challenge. I also started to prime a few other bits that I had no room on my shelf to store.

Today has been spent mainly on the Skraelings, and things are progressing well having made a good start yesterday I managed to get a unit of warriors completed and the warlord, first thing this morning whilst also getting the second unit blocked out.

The third unit is being started on so I can at least get the warrior elements completed by close of play tomorrow with some luck and a fair wind behind me.

That just brings me to the entry fee for this years challenge, as those in the face book group will know I made a bit of a start Sunday on this chap, and the work in progress for stage 1 appeared yesterday, today I have continued to work him alongside the Skraelings.
He is progressing well and I should have him finished by the weekend. I am going to have a nice relaxed evening today and leave the current projects alone to dry and block out a unit of French Napoleonic infantry while listening to some music via spotify.

That is it for today folks, thanks for taking the time to come over and read the post, any comments are appreciated.

Loki

32 comments:

  1. I like these Skraelings quite a lot. But I must tell you, you are ping ponging rather a lot right now on your projects. Methinks you have caught this tendency from being in proximity to Mr. Awdry. Shall we call this disease Michaelitis?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like a rubber ball Anne, I keep bouncing from one to another, its a big problem I am going to have to overcome or I will get nowt finished

      Delete
    2. Michaelitis! I ask you, someone might think we lack focus - I can't see anything wrong with your line up!

      Delete
    3. I often refer to myself as "a Labrador in a strong breeze outside a pie factory on baking day" when it comes to focus. Nothing to be ashamed of in that.

      Delete
    4. its a bad dose of Michaelitis too but I am content for now that it is working well

      Delete
  2. Your gunslinger and Skraelings are outstanding! Knowing nothing of SAGA, I admit that Skraelings looks very similar to native North American Indians. Was there a connection?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The skraelings are meant to represent the tribes of Indians encountered by the Vikings on the discovery of America and are mentioned in a saga

      Delete
    2. Explained perfectly! The Skraelings are really nicely sculpted.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Yeah though I am kinda feeling tired now

      Delete
  4. That cowboy looks pretty cool, nice work.

    FMB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I have some more work to do on the clothing and base

      Delete
  5. I like the choices of colors for the gunslinger; colorful, but tasteful and period. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I have tried to be careful with the colours on this and he is darker than my usual colour choices

      Delete
  6. Looking good. Multiple projects can keep you interested so you don't stop when you start not wanting to look at something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is my theory, b y chopping and changing it breaks the monotony

      Delete
  7. Looks like you're coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. things are progressing nicely and its all going to plan so far

      Delete
  8. Great work on the figures, love the Skrailings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great fun to paint Ray, I am going with a simple scheme on them

      Delete
  9. Wow! You're a busy man, Loki.

    I can see you dumping a whole lot of completed units at once into the competition and shooting to the top of the table!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am busy but wont be dumping huge points as everything is at different stages, so the points will be spread out, though granted they may come thick and fast

      Delete
  10. Great stuff! Nice to see somebody else doing some Blood Bowl minis too :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have made a start on them, and they are only getting a wargames standard finish as I am thinking of giving them to my boys to play with

      Delete
  11. Making great progress there.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brendon, I prefer organised chaos though it has a certain Viking like ring to it :)

      Delete
  12. I like the division of the warrior elements by just going with different breech cloths, simple but great way to seperate them! I am looking forward to your blood bowl figures too! I enjoyed the first edition with bazookas, pogosticks, dynamite, and throwing players....reminds me of the lacrosse matches I play with my cousins in the snow. We use a basketball and players have bats, hockey sticks, and even a stray cricket bat or two. The blissfull "ting" of a struck basketball is a good indicator that you should duck. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh I am a very simple man David hence the simplicity of the units!!! I believe you can still have all those things if you run a goblin team under current rules.

      Delete
  13. It all looks like it's coming together very nicely. Keep at it Friend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very good stuff, my friend !
    The cowboy looks excellent so far and the other figures as well. Good Luck further on!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments they are appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...