Just before Christmas I completed the first of my 10 French battalions but did not have time to submit it so banked it to add to the Saxons.
Now I will be the first to admit that a unit in greatcoats is not that difficult to do as you dont have the fine details of a full uniform to paint. However they still take a fair chunk of time to paint like this and I gave them a full mix of colours for the Greatcoats.
I am also savvy enough to know that ordinarily blue greatcoats were issued to the guards and some officers, what can I say, I painted a unit of Frenchmen that have light fingers and pilfered some non regulation overcoats. They are for my collection so it really is no matter at all.
Today I decided to take a break from all the work for others that I have been doing as I had prepared some more of my newly acquired Nubians.
They day really started by me spending an hour or so converting and mounting three more warbands onto painting strips ready for priming later today if time permitted.
Having made a start on a Nubian last night I then set about completing that first, before undertaking some more.
Not a bad days work, three warbands painted and I have started to prime the next three in readiness for the smokin' brushes. I have still got to base the three painted warbands once they have dried out and are varnished. Once I get a bit of daylight in the man cave I will take some pictures so you can see what I have done.
Well folks thats another small update for you I am going back to my brushes to prime the few remaining Nubians and then have a night off.