Now talking of the challenge, as expected I have started to slide down the table, but am still thankfully ahead of my good mate +kevatthecabin who's wife I must thank as she has slapped a painting ban on him this week as she is off work. So this gives me a bit of a cushion, although not much of one as I know when he does make a submission it will not be a small one. But it is enough for me to get more painting done in an effort to win our own little race. I have sent another entry in to widen the gap a little further though.
I have also had to re prioritise my painting order for the challenge, as when I formulated my plan for hitting my target I did not have any real commission work or indeed plans to take any on. Circumstances however have changed and therefore so have the priorities. The first thing I am doing is increasing my target and my revised target is with Curt. The increase and is to a target of more than I achieved last year, but I feel that I need to make an early adjustment that will still be a big challenge taking the new circumstances into account. I also would like be able to secure a top ten spot, having narrowly missed that last year so my revised target has also been set with that in mind.
|2 units of French underway|
Today I started the day by painting, dry brushing and flocking the Saxons as I woke up again in the small hours, so took the opportunity to get them finished. This allowed me to make a start on the first of three French regular infantry units for muskets and Tomahawks all of which will be twelve figure units, I also have an officer and ensign to paint up for the same client. So for the next few days this is what I will be focused on completing those.
|The end of a fairly productive day started blocking the next unit|