24 December 2013

Challenge Day 10 - Christmas Eve

Oh, I just have to be totally nuts to be painting on Christmas eve but I have been, but only for a couple of hours. The wife wanted me out of the way while she did some household chores and told me to go and paint as the boys were happily building things with lego in their room. So the opportunity was taken.

I really did not do much today, I painted into the small hours last evening, in an effort to break the back of the 42 Saxons that I have as a small commission. Unusually for Foundry figures these are not a nice paint, the moulds are obviously worn as the castings were a devil to clean up properly and I was unable to remove some of the mould lines or risk losing parts of figures. So far I have managed to complete 18 of these and have another 8 almost complete and 16 that are well under way. The whole grouping is a real mix of different types and I am trying to work them as best I can by creating groups of similar figures together and working them that way.

I have also started the base work for the spider, this is going to take some hard painting to get the overall finish right, but should look very nice if I can pull it off !! The spider remains untouched from the four hour session I put into it yesterday as I want the paint to fully harden off before I start handling it for the fine details.

Well That only leaves me to wish you all a very Merry Christmas, I hope you all enjoy your celebrations and get at least some of the shiny new toys you have your hearts set on.

For obvious reasons I shall not be posting tomorrow as I will undoubtedly be playing games and having some fun with the boys. I should return with another update possibly Boxing Day, anyway have a good one folks!

Loki



13 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Andrew.

    Cheers, Ross

    ReplyDelete
  2. This spider is certainly going to be a real treat! Happy Christmas Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas to you and your family Andrew!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Christmas Andrew

    I too have done some painting today ;-)

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  5. A darn sight more productive than me. All the best mate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a very Merry Christmas my friend and a glorious day to you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas, sir. I have also noted that many of the Foundry models need a new mould...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments they are appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...