24 November 2013

Weekly round up 24-11-2013

Firstly I would like to welcome all the new followers that have climbed aboard in the last couple of weeks, I have returned the compliment where able too, but several of you don't appear to have a blog. If you cant see my icon please post me a link in the comments section so I can return the favour.

The week did not start to brilliantly as my latest trip to sort the eye issue resulted in being told I had the eyesight of a 70 year old as far as my short vision range was concerned, the up side of this was being told I had excellent long vision.. I now need my arms to grow about another 7 feet and I will be able to see what I am painting without a pair of bottle top lenses.

I have a completely clear painting desk now, everything that I can prepare for the challenge has been done, even though this new room is larger, I still don't have all the storage sorted out. This means I do have a couple of items that are not prepared but as space becomes available during the challenge I will complete the outstanding items.

In preparation for the challenge I had to hit ebay for some outstanding items and inevitably this led to some unintended purchases but that nothing unusual for me. Ever the optimist they will get painted at a later date, after all without a lead mountain or plastic pile you are "doomed to die" right?

The full list of all 60 challengers, with click able links to the appropriate blogs where available. So you can keep track of the goings out and maybe follow a few more blogs into the bargain.
1
AaronH
2
AlanD
3
AndrewS
4
AndyM
5
AnneO’L
6
BenD
7
BenG
8
BrendonW
9
BurkhardS
10
ByronM
-
11
ChrisP
12
ChristopherS
13
ClintB
14
DallasE
15
DaveD
16
DaveR
-
17
EdwinK
18
FranL
19
GillesW
20
GregB
21
IanW
22
IannickM
23
JaccoK
-
24
JamesB
25
JamesL
26
JeremyM
-
27
JohnM
28
JuanM
29
Kawe
30
KentG
31
KevH
32
KevinH
33
KevinS
34
LeeH
35
LordH
36
MarkG
37
MartinN
38
MichaelA
39
MichaelF
40
MilesR
41
Millsy
42
PaulJ
43
PaulS
44
PeterD
45
PhilH
46
RayR
47
ReneV
48
RobH
49
RobP
-
50
RossM
51
SamuliS
52
SeanS
53
ScottB
54
ScottS
55
SebG
56
SidneyR
57
StefanK
58
SteveM
-
59
TamsinP
60
TimB
61
Curt

Myself and +kevatthecabin have been doing a lot of talking lately about our gaming and this has resulted in some rather nice developments, as well as the odd sleepless night as my mind would not switch off. We have been enjoying our games of Hail Caesar and it has made us want to expand our armies and time periods for this game. We are both kicking ourselves about this as we sold off all our ancient armies a few years ago and now we have to start over with them. However with Kev's table being best suited to 15mm or 20mm figures this opens up some new areas and possibilities. We have agreed to take a period each and complete some armies for them for Kevin that will see some being done during the challenge. I however wont be starting until next year as my targets for the challenge have been set and I want to get my French Napoleonic army to a decent level.

Kevin is tackling the Dark age period, with Anglo-Saxons, Vikings and Normans and possibly the Welsh or Irish. For my part I have decided to go all Biblical and will be doing Nubian's, Sea Peoples and both Old and New Kingdom Egyptians. After these are completed I will look at expanding and painting other armies for the period.

Well folks that just about wraps this post up for the week, I am going to be a little infrequent for the next couple of weeks as I take some time for myself to charge my batteries up ready for the 3 months hard painting ahead.

Regards
Loki

34 comments:

  1. Hi Loki,

    a cool neat place to paint, ready for the Challenge!
    Glassses for all of us are now not an option, it Gone up in series as the electric windows and the power steering on our cars;-)
    fortunately for us we don't have a mole vision on our Hobby ;-)

    Good Luck in the Challenge!

    Best regards

    GillesW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci Gilles, my new glasses will help though I cant see more than a foot in front of me with them on :)

      Delete
  2. The workspace looks primed and ready to go and what's this - a spreadsheet no less! I am seriously impressed with your organisation Sir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't be fooled Michael, I maybe organised but rarely manage to stick to the plan :)

      Delete
  3. I suppose I should get dome prepping done then.
    Too busy with this wotr at the moment.
    Plus Charlie has put my new vikings away for christmas so they wont be prepped b4 the challenge starts.
    Suppose I could prepp some normans though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think its mean not to have let you prepare them before stashing them away

      Delete
  4. I have a 15m biblical army to get finished as well (Mycenaean). So I will watch how you get on. I may even start it for the challenge if/when I get fed up doing Arabs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a lot going on with the challenge so for me it will be the New year Clint. Good luck in the challenge

      Delete
  5. That is one of my worries with my eyesight as I get older, I don't think I will ever go back to 15mm. You can probably do a 28mm army just as cost effective using plastics these days.
    That is an impressive list of bloggers for the painting challenge, best wishes with it.
    Cheers,
    Pat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. with these new glasses the optician has sorted reckon I could paint 2mm :)

      Delete
  6. Looking at your workplace remembers me that I have to clean my workplace :-( So I better don't look at your workplace ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My eye sight was crap when I was younger and it has got steadily worst the older I have got resulting in the fact I have to have two pairs of glasses, one for day to day stuff and one for painting.

    Good luck with the challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pk, I am going to give it my best shot

      Delete
  8. Why is everyone coming up with plans? Am I doomed before it starts?

    I have been very busy prepping but will have a few bases painted before it kicks off LOL

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Planning for me is so I dont get too far off track. Oh and if you are painting before the start can you do my lead pile as well :)

      Delete
  9. "the odd sleepless night as my mind would not switch off"
    Good to see I'm not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I blame shineyitis and Kevin. Infact sod the shineyitis its just Kev's fault

      Delete
  10. 60 painters? That is a tall order for Curt! As an ancients gamer, I'm looking forward to seeing your new armies for HC in the coming year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did think about doing them for the challenge, but really need to get my French up to speed they have sat unloved on sprues since last year

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Its a one horse race but the rest of the field can have some fun

      Delete
  12. With you on the glasses front Andrew. I am off this Saturday to get my eyes sorted again. Looking forward to being able to focus on what I am painting. Good luck for the challenge too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They worked wonders for me, shame they cant paint the figures for me though and my attempts to train the local arachnid population to use a brush have failed.

      Delete
  13. With all the prepping done for the challenge I should clean up my table too.... Best of luck for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck too you as well, and most of all enjoy it

      Delete
  14. I'll be doing something very similar over the next few weeks like cleaning and prepping figures with the occasional terrain piece and a painting a couple figures as I get ready for the serious painting of the challenge. Good luck Andrew and look forward to seeing what comes off your table!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I am going to have to break a couple of figures out, dont think I can do nearly 3 weeks without some painting, Good luck Christopher

      Delete
  15. Very tidy painting desk, Andrew. You ought to take an occasional photo of your work area during the Challenge to see if it remains in this state.

    Looking forward to seeing what comes off the desk over the next quarter year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it stays this tidy the wife would think I had died!!! I can guarantee that 10 mins after the start my table will be in total chaos !!!

      Delete

Please leave your comments they are appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...