3 November 2013

Weekly round up 03-11-13

Another busy week comes to a close at the Great Hall. This week saw the blog followers climb from 201 to 213 so welcome and thank you to everyone who has joined I really appreciate you joining. 

The coming week will be one to look forward too as Blog Con is at the end of it. I have many things planned for the weekend out. Mainly a lot of talking with bloggers, I have and have not yet met personally. I also have a game that is most definitely on my radar to play as I am intrigued a touch by VBCW and several other games on offer.

There is still time for you to win my followers give away if you haven't already commented on the post then click the picture below and register your entry.
Currently only 53 followers have commented and are eligible to win this fine fellow.

Other competitions this week are Stefan of Montys Caravan who is running two raffles that can be found here and here. Also Sam at Sam's Minis World who has yet to choose the 5 Mithril miniatures for his competition.

As the Hon. Chairman of Bloggers For Charity I have had a busy week, giving the blog a make over after receiving a batch of stunning artwork from fellow blogger PanzerKaput.
Recently I have been very busy with the charity work behind the scenes, having done a lot of networking at several shows with traders. I have managed to get all the figures dispatched for painting in phase 1, which just leaves me a couple of unit types to sort the lead for. Having spoken to Andrew at Fiasco I expect this to be dispatched in about 14 days, as he is currently having new moulds made for the coureur de bois, and Indians. A few things remain to be done this end, and I expect to have most outstanding matters concluded before November closes. So having done the work on the blog, I then decided to use something as the inspiration to finish a rather special miniature. 
 


The man cave progress is slowly moving along and I have acquired a new painting desk for the room. However until I finish planning and building the shelves I cant proceed any further with this. I also have the small problem of clearing a large pile of rubbish that is the result of the wife having a clear out and using the room to store it all in. (see I foretold of the extra works I would have to do for the room).

As inspiration for all the preparation I need to make during November for any upcoming winter challenge. I decided to get a couple of Foundry French commanders started as I have a whole shed load of Napoleonics to stick together, mount and prime. 
One Swiss and One French commander in progress
The postman made a couple of rather nice deliveries this week. One went to Kevin's and that was the rather nice Naseby book that I won in Jonathans competition the other week at Palouse Wargaming Journal a rather splendid blog to read.
My other delivery came from +Gary Amos of Happy Valley fame who held a mini competition and he sent me a set of ECW characters to whet my appetite.

Thursday saw me visit Kevin for our usual game, this week was a Seven Years War scenario and if you click the image below you can see a full report of the game on Kev's Blog.

26 comments:

  1. looking forward to catching up next weekend and I know all the hard work you are doing for BfC and appreciate it all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be knackered at the end of the week that's for sure have over 70 sections of bocage to complete by thursday

      Delete
  2. That's a tough looking indian! Very good work on the others as well as on the BfC Blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Andrew for the promoted link !
    I like a lot the Indian and I'm waiting to see the other figures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. See you next weekend my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to it buddy, will be good to sit a chat as have not had much time to do that this year

      Delete
  5. My word, what a week. All sounds very promising and I love the Indian scout.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That indian is wonderfull painted!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet you are due a rest mate but there is BlogCon next weekend and I am looking forward to meeting you again. The Indian is amazing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pete, It will be good to catch up at the weekend

      Delete
  8. Great looking Injun. Cool pose.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your book win! Great paint on the Indian warrior. Wow... hope you get a tiny bit pf down time. Oh and I hate cleaning someone else's junk... good luck with that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no choice if I dont clear the junk I cant get the room

      Delete
  10. The Indian looks superb and I am looking forward to seeing those Mounted Napoleonic commanders finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I hope to have them completed for next weekend

      Delete
  11. This weekend is all I am thinking about, just can't wait.

    That paint job really fits with Paul's work and both are a huge compliment to both of you

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent paintjob, Andrew!

    Cheers
    Stefan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lots of stuff going on. The Indian looks great.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments they are appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...